ATC Atlanta Half Marathon (and marathon) (Read 465 times)

Now I've done it. Dropped my registration for the Atlanta Half Marathon in the mail Friday. It will be my first. Thanksgiving day. I am hoping to conquer mild knee pains that I have been experiencing on my last two long runs. Well, by end of long run and on Monday morning they are not so mild. I put it in the mail based on my weekday runs feeling fine, after stretching and ITBS/runner's knee specific exercises. Hope the next 2.5 weeks are better. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go. Anyone else running in this one? Or the full?

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey urban, I'll be there, hope the weather (and your knee) cooperates.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Good luck! I wanted to run that when my buddy lived down there, but Thanksgiving is my family's Christmas. (We travel to the spouse's sides for Christmas and my mother gets us at Thanksgiving.) I am heavily leaning towards running the ING marathon down there in March, since the RRCA has a coaching certification course in the days leading up to it. It also allows me to knock Georgia off of my list without missing Thanksgiving.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'll be there too.
          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com