Garmin 305 Update (Read 909 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Okay I need advice. I ordered my Garmin 305 yesterday from Walmart. After all of the positive reviews I didn't know how I could live without one anymore (even though I lost out on the $50). Walmart has them for $262 and if I it doesn't do as expected I can return it pretty easily. It is currently being shipped to me so I need advice on the best way to get it to preform. I am guessing I should upload the latest firmware. Any other tips? The pace is really important to me.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Prophet!

check out this thread
      dwisher7

(even though I lost out on the $50). Are you referring to the Garmin rebate? I contacted their customer service department and the rebate has been extended to purchases made through 5/31. I think the forms have to be postmarked by 6/15. I'm hoping to talk my checkbook into one in the next 2 days.
        RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Are you serious? What phone number did you use to call customer service? Do you have a website address? Definatley worth the investment! I can't explain how nice it is. It is the little things as well as the big things that make this watch awesome. I like to run in the morning sometimes and it gives me the option of turning on the light for a certain period of time or keeping in all the whole time. I keep it on the whole time. It is great to be able to run in the dark. Buy it from Walmart. They have a good price and if you don't like it just return it. What do you have to lose? You have everything to gain.
            2011 Goals:
          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

FYI - I saw this little piece of information when looking for the warrenty extension and thought I would pass it on to you incase you were planning on using ebay. Products sold through online auctions are not eligible for rebates or other special offers from Garmin. Online auction confirmations are not accepted for warranty verification. To obtain warranty service an original or copy of the sales receipt from the original retailer is required. Garmin will not replace missing components from any package purchased through an online auction. For rebate questions or inquiries, send an e-mail to rebate@garmin.com.
              2011 Goals:
              I can't explain how nice it is.
              Amen to that... mine arrived just before my vacation so I didn't get the chance to really work it out and post about it, but I love it even more than I thought I would. I'm a mileage nerd and previously tended to avoid trail runs because I didn't know how far I went. Yesterday, I practically got lost in the county park trails and the Garmin logged the whole thing. Very very cool.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

dwisher7, thanks man. I sent an email to the rebate group and below was the reply. Kudos to garmini support for responding so quickly. Have I told you guys how much I love my garmin! Thank you for contacting Garmin International. Please know that we have extended our rebate promotion date through May 31, 2007. As long as you purchase the unit no later than 5/31/07 and postmark the rebate documentation no later than 6/15/07 then you will still be eligible for the rebate. For your convenience, I have attached a blank copy of the rebate form which you can print out and complete. When you send in your paperwork, please remember the following information. The serial number is located on the back of the unit. It is on a black sticker with white writing. It is possible that your unit has a nine digit serial number. Please add an extra box to the rebate coupon if your unit has a nine digit serial number. The UPC code is located on the bottom of the Garmin package. It will need to be cut from the bottom of the Garmin box. If you purchased the unit online, please send in the packing slip or the email order confirmation in place of the original dated itemized receipt. The document sent must have the dealer whom the unit was purchased from, the date of purchase, and the item purchased. If you need further assistance please reply to this email or contact 913-440-2692 or 800-800-1420 x2692
                  2011 Goals:
                dwisher7

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - new to the site and didn't log on earlier. I'm glad you got the information and that I could be of help. I just ordered a 305. Got it through HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com for $256.96 and there's even free shipping! Now if UPS will hurry, I'll be set for the weekend. Doubt it, but one can hope. Glad to see you like yours so well. Have a good one! ~Donna
                  dwisher7

Hey there, If you, like me, purchased a Garmin in the past week or so, check with the vendor you bought it from. The place where I got mine dropped the price by about another $30 and because it's been less than a week, I called them to see if they would adjust my order since I hadn't even received the unit. I was given a credit on my credit card. This brings my cost down to $229 for the 305 PLUS I'll still be eligible for the $50 rebate. It is due to arrive today. I'm really looking forward to trying it out! Happy Running! ~Donna Cool
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Donna, where did you purchase it?
                      dwisher7

I picked mine up from HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com (free shipping - no tax since I'm not in the same state); however, I've since noticed that Amazon has it for a little less than I paid. The rebate is only good on purchases made before 5/31 though so that's definitely expired unless you contact Garmin and find out differently.