confused about shoe fit (Read 1263 times)

Wing

Joggaholic

That's the whole idea (or rather opposite idea) of Engo.  It's extremely LOW friction material and you DO put it on inside the shoe where you usually get a blister

Ah ha, thanks. This sounds more preferable than greasing up my feet all the time Smile

Oh roo roooo!

That Engo stuff is pretty amazing.  I first used it on a pair of Five Fingers that chewed up the big toe side of each foot really badly.  The original patches are still in there despite having been wet, muddy, sweaty, etc., for a couple years now (I don't run in them, just walk the dogs.)  I have since used it in a couple of other pairs of shoes that I wasn't quite ready to give up on and it really works well.  The adhesive is REALLY sticky!  I have not had to try to take these things OUT and put other ones IN, but I imagine if that was ever necessary, it would be tough to do....

It doesn't seem like a lot of folks know about this stuff--I'm lucky that my LRS had it and I noticed it there, or I likely would never have found out either.

dennrunner

As an alternative to Engo for reducing friction, I've used the following product:

KENYON K+TAPE Nylon Taffeta repair tape.

It's designed to repair tears in nylon products like tents, backpacks etc.  It's low friction and handles moisture well.

I bought mine in the camping area of REI.  I haven't bought any for 2-3 years, so I'm not certain they still carry this item.  If not, there's always Amazon or other online retailers.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

So, is Moleskin inappropriate for runners?  I haven't used it when running, but it's pretty nice when hiking.

In case you're not familiar with it, Moleskin sticks on your skin/blister and has a fuzzy, low-friction outside that contacts your shoe or whatever.

Half Fanatic #846

So, is Moleskin inappropriate for runners?  I haven't used it when running, but it's pretty nice when hiking.

In case you're not familiar with it, Moleskin sticks on your skin/blister and has a fuzzy, low-friction outside that contacts your shoe or whatever.

Moleskin is great - I've used it several times to protect blisters, or to keep "hotspots" from developing into blisters.  And I've carried a small piece with me just in case a need for it developed. Wouldn't be caught without it just in case, although I haven't had to use it in awhile now. Well worth the $2-3 for a box at drug stores, WalMart, grocery stores, etc. 

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Half Fanatic #846

If the right size is 1/2 size bigger than the right size, how big is the right size?

Same as the left of course...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!