Three Days of Syllamo (Read 538 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

I'm headed out next Thurs to do this race http://www.3daysofsyllamo.org/race.aspx with views like THIS... I am excited and scared a bit, as it is in some rough country in Northern Arkansas AND three back to back days of running...31 miles on Fri, 50 miles on Sat and 12.4 miles on Sunday if we're still able to crawl a bit... Bernie's return to the board got me so excited I just had to share...was going to wait until next week to spring this on on you guys... Anyway, WELCOME BACK BERNIE! I'm gonna need some BERNIE-STRENGTH to get through this race next week. Not crazy about racing on Sunday, but I saw a quote on another board about it being better to be running in the mountains on Sunday morning contemplating God than to be sitting in Church on Sunday contemplating running in the moutains! Undecided Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

... better to be running in the mountains on Sunday morning contemplating God than to be sitting in Church on Sunday contemplating running in the mountains!
      I couldn't agree more.
        That's a hard core race(s)! Good luck!!
        2009: BQ?
        mikeymike

Looks awesome, Lynn. Enjoy!

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sure you don't want to run the Sahara...? Wow, man! Good luck and enjoy the experience! Amazing views! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This place looks awesome and what a race you are going to have! Good luck and have a lot of fun. Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill