First 200+ mile month (Read 1140 times)

t_runner

It took me a long time, but I am over 200 miles this month, and one more medium-long run planned for Monday! Now it's time to decide if I can keep up this boobery, and join the 2,000 mile club for 2008.
      Thats great, keep up the hard work. Any races planned for 08?
        awesome! This was my second 200+ month...I taper next month so I'll enjoy this while it lasted. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Congrats! I'm hoping January will be my first 200 mile month.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Slow-smooth-fast

I have reached 250 miles this month, would not have been possible without Eds initial recommendation for Low HR training. ED, I am getting impatient now and want to do some fast work. Did you find that you got irritable with slow pace, and when do you think I should switch?

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

t_runner

Thanks all! Taking a well deserved rest day today!
              Any races planned for 08?
              I am doing a 50K at the end of January.. not sure yet after that, but I definitely want to work on getting faster in the half or marathon. But I'll probably give up on that and just decide to run some crazy hilly or trail marathon instead.
              t_runner

awesome! This was my second 200+ month...I taper next month so I'll enjoy this while it lasted. Tongue
                Good job! What are you tapering for? Are you running Boston in 08?
                  Great job t_ !
                  2009: BQ?
                    Good job! What are you tapering for? Are you running Boston in 08?
                    I'm doing Surf City Marathon Feb 3 and then Boston...(and then the San Diego RnR june 1) I plan on taking it easy between SC and Boston. Shy

Jennifer mm#1231

t_runner

I'm doing Surf City Marathon Feb 3 and then Boston...(and then the San Diego RnR june 1) I plan on taking it easy between SC and Boston. Shy
                      Ah, Surf City sounds wonderful! Jealous of you southern CA folks! Have a great time at all of them. And thanks again to everybody! I hope to post enough of these 200+ mile months next year that it's no big deal... but I have tried for a long time unsuccessfully just to get to the point where a 40 mile week was normal for me, and so I am happy to have done this!

Slow-smooth-fast

Reached the end of the month with a record for me of 264.4 miles. Just done a good session. This MAF training is awesome.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

t_runner

Reached the end of the month with a record for me of 264.4 miles. Just done a good session. This MAF training is awesome.
                          Nice job Eddy! That's a lot of miles there!

Another Passion

That's awesome Teresa and Jennifer! You gals rock! Big grin I have mileage-envy. Blush

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

ED, I am getting impatient now and want to do some fast work. Did you find that you got irritable with slow pace, and when do you think I should switch?
                              You're not the overly patient type, eh? Smile How slow is slow? The point of LHR isn't to be slow, it's to be comfortable. Your pace should be getting steadily faster. There are people who can run 6 minute miles at a low heart rate. If you're not getting faster, then it's time to mix in harder running. Why don't you do some experimentation? See if you can maintain the mileage and the comfort level while throwing in some harder workouts. Whatever keeps you motivated. If you can keep cranking out 250 mile months indefinitely, you're going to be wicked fast. Do whatever it takes to keep your energy level and mileage up there.
                              Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.

Slow-smooth-fast

Thanks, I think I am just impatient, I mean to say, that over the last few workouts my pace as averaged under 8 m/mile so it is not exactly slow. I think I will just stick with it and test my pace again in 6 weeks from now. I am in my 7th week now. Can I ask Ed, why do you stick around 146 HR when you have a MAF 10 above that? Have you run at MAF yet? What pace do you do at MAF?