Run Commuting and Food (Read 1550 times)

xhristopher

I'd stash/stocking up on non perishables on non running days so you can haul less perishables on running days. I stash plenty of food in my desk drawer, including apples, bananas, and raisins for days on end without problem. I'll also do fruit cups (non syrup) because they store well. If you are worried about mice how about a small plastic storage bin similar to these below. These happen to be 100% mouse proof.

Menace to Sobriety

I don't know if this would work or not, but have you tried freezing it? I would think that would help keep them intact through the trip, but should be thawed enough to eat by the time you got there.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I don't know if this would work or not, but have you tried freezing it? I would think that would help keep them intact through the trip, but should be thawed enough to eat by the time you got there.

Freezing Bananas makes them gross. Also, running in below freezing temps or near freezing temps wouldn't allow them to thaw in time.

Slo

Turn them into a smoothie.  Avoid using milk, use a fruit juice and yogurt. No need to refrigerate.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not sure if the snake will work correctly if you freeze it.

But you said there are lots of space heaters - can you get one that will work backward - I mean, I guess you need a two unit heat pump, and if you put the correct unit in the correct place, you should get cooling, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oatmeal + Tuperware = daily breakfast 

Water + Instant coffee = Caffeine!

About once a week I take a pack of lunch meat, fruit and bread to the office.

Works well. 

xor

Freezing Bananas makes them gross. Also, running in below freezing temps or near freezing temps wouldn't allow them to thaw in time.

Well, I just ran 12.5 miles.  Came back.  Yup.  Still negative.

there are lots of foods you cant freeze, namely uncooked raw fruits and veggies because of the high water content.

dennrunner

Well, I just ran 12.5 miles.  Came back.  Yup.  Still negative.

But being a mathematician, I'm sure he can just move it to the other side of the equation and change the sign.

10. Sneaky snake will drink all your root beer.

One of my all time favorite Tom T. Hall songs.  WTG, SRL!

And shoot - I'd be happy if I could run commute or bike commute to work.  Unfortunately, no showers available, and I don't think clients and co-workers would appreciate the stench.

Oh, and I would refuse to turn around and do it all over again at the end of the day.

In that case, I'm thinking I should stick with car commuting.  I'm all for leaving a really big carbon footprint.  Which is why I use AquaNet Hairspray.  A whole aerosol can worth on a daily basis.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sneaky snake

You're my hero.  Ever listened to "Salute to a Switchblade Knife"?   Oh, and "Old Dogs, Children, and Watermelon Wine."  And . . . never mind.  I better quit while I'm ahead.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

drrbradford

Freezing bananas is the first step to making one of the most the most brilliant banana-based recipes ever.

On a more relevant note: I understand your fear of the fridge. We have two in my 'student village' (i.e. PhD/post-doc office) and they're rank. But I have a lot of fruit at my desk as I have a spare drawer in my filing cabinet which is filled with big bags of apples, oranges, punnets of grapes and various other fruits. The way to get them to work without mushing them is to a) get a bag which has waste and chest straps and learn how to fit it properly so it doesn't bounce around and b) improve your running form so you're not bouncing up and down. Personally, I find running to my office once in a while with a heavy baag helps keep my form in check.

"run" "2" "eat"

dr bradford - are you really a doctor?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

xor

Eat more snakes.  ha.