You know what'd be nice?! (Read 713 times)

Hey Eric, just a couple possible future ideas here.... How about provinding a bit of space for each user to have his/her own page. It could include a little more detailed profile space, and also a space top add our own photos for the world to see. I used to keep a journal-type thing on snowjapan.com, check it out if you want a few ideas, although they've redone the format and it's nowhere near as good as it used to be. I used to like having that space to stoe a few pics and all my snowboarding journals and other info...Friends and family loved checking it out too! Also, if you see on snowjapan, we can leave comments on each others' pages. Any way you could incorporate something like this into runningahead? I'm always checking out my buddies' logs in here and want to be able to drop a line to them. It's really fun and gives a good 'communtiy feel' to the whole thing! Finally, is there a way that people (non-registered members) can check out our logs? For example, my Mother, who's keen to see what I'm up to, but can't really be bothered having to register if she wants to see my log. You know what I mean.....? Just a few thoughts going through my head just now. I absolutley love this site dude! Thanks so much for setting it all up and continually improving the format and features! Hopefully you'll be able to work out something regarding my above thoughts... Who agrees??? Keep 'er goin' strong man.... JaySee
    eric :)

How about provinding a bit of space for each user to have his/her own page. It could include a little more detailed profile space, and also a space top add our own photos for the world to see.
      I thought about creating a all in one site for runners that will allow them to log their workouts, as well as blog about them. I think it's a great idea, and will increase traffic to the site. However, there is only a limited amount of time in a week that I can work on the site. Since it does not directly contribute to improving your running, other running specific features will pre-empt this one. However, I think I can get to this feature in about a year.
      Also, if you see on snowjapan, we can leave comments on each others' pages. Any way you could incorporate something like this into runningahead? I'm always checking out my buddies' logs in here and want to be able to drop a line to them. It's really fun and gives a good 'communtiy feel' to the whole thing!
      I am currently working on a major feature. It is taking a lot longer than I originally planned because it incorporates a lot of new ideas. As a bonus, some of the code for this feature can and will be used to revamp other parts of the site, including allowing comments, preview forum posts, and custom profile pages. I would like to spend more time working on the site, but since the site is not making any money, I can't quit my day job just yet. Big grin
      Finally, is there a way that people (non-registered members) can check out our logs? For example, my Mother, who's keen to see what I'm up to, but can't really be bothered having to register if she wants to see my log. You know what I mean.....?
      If you allow public viewing of your log, then anyone can see it, not just the users on this site. There are several ways to view public logs. You can send your mother a link to your log. On the log's toolbar, there's a button called "Publish Page". Click on it, and you'll get a link to that page so you can send it to anyone. Another way is to click on "Browse User Logs" on the Community toolbar and search for the user of interest. I do like more discussions about this and all other requested features because they will impact all users. So if anyone has any comments, let me know! eric Smile
        Awesome man!~ Looking forward to the future in here....!
        Bike99

Do I look important?

Jaysee good ideas all around. I especially agree with the comments thing. After a buddy puts down a strong run (or a weak one) I'd like to drop him/her a note about it. It provides a little motivation, and that "community" feel as J put it. Also, I know there's some people who have forgotten more about running than I'll ever know, and if they saw something on my log that I could improve on for example, it would be awesome. Same goes for runners who are training together, but live on different continents. A personal 'home' profile site for each user who is so inclined to do it would be awesome too. A few pics posted, puts a face to a name for some users, and also evolves the site from 'stats and text'...onward! Either way, this is just constructive criticism, no harm meant at all. This site is awesome, and I can't thank you enough for putting in all the hours that it takes. I'm not yet in a position to donate my millions of yen, but like I mentioned once, if you ever throw up a few add banners I'll gladly click on them a few times, each time that I log on (which is more often than I care to admit) to throw a bit of coin towards your "habit"...of running this site I mean. Big grin

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

Can only agree with these guys' opinions. I like what Stayne said in regards to more experinced runners being able to comment on a training tactic, or training schedule that you are keeping. The more help the better. It was cool to see that in the Planned Features post that we will be able to post a training sched on our running log, nice to get an idea from some more experienced people what they are doing leading up to longer races etc. Know we could ask for them on the forums, or check the web, but maybe even some sample training programs would be sweet too in the future. Like Stayne and Jaysee said thanks for providing a site like this. It really is great.