Bonus! I was running longer than I thought = faster times (Read 1003 times)

Tiefsa

I always try to run sub 7:30 pace when I run, but it was hard to find the exact distance of the runs I did from my house.

I live in a newer subdivision and Google Maps didn't have me on there.  When Eric did the map update, my subdivision was on the map, so I redid all my courses here.  Turns out all my courses are about 1/5 of a mile longer than I thought.

Today I ran what I though was 4.9 miles in 36:44.  It really is 5.16 miles when I updated my course.  That makes my pace way under 7:30.  Cool beans!

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice surprise.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's like Christmas in August! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Sometimes I think life might be a zero sum game.  I'm pretty sure that my garmin measured one of my common running routes long.  So much so that I'm thinking about borrowing my buddy's  (a race certifier) wheel and checking it out.

So your course was longer than you thought, and I suspect my course is short.

HA.

Life is funny.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice buzzkill, Mr. Glass-half-empty -guy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Heh.  Sorry.  Seriously, though, good for Tief!  I dunno if it is really "bad" for me... if'n it is short, I'll just run more.

Zero sum!

Park here!  No parking!

DanMoriarity

That's a nice bonus, like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. I'd be afraid of measuring my routes for fear they'd be shorter than I thought. Since I turned 40 my running ego doesn't need any more bad news
                  Did it make your race times faster?

Runners run

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

That's a nice bonus, like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. I'd be afraid of measuring my routes for fear they'd be shorter than I thought. Since I turned 40 my running ego doesn't need any more bad news

I'd rather find that $20 bill.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

You gotta love it. Its all hugs and kisses, then Mikey shows up for a shot of reality.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Yo, dog, just keepin' it real.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Well, I'd question the assumption that any online mapping tool is accurate to the hundredths of a mile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice buzzkill, Mr. Glass-half-empty -guy.

The pessimist sees the glass as half empty.

The optimist sees the glass as half full.

The engineer sees the glass as containing twice the volume necessary.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Tiefsa

Well, I'd question the assumption that any online mapping tool is accurate to the hundredths of a mile.

True enough.  I just am happy about being under 7:30 per mile.  That is kind of a barometer of mine.  I like to make sure I can run that fast at a certain distance before I add another mile to a long run.

Next up is 6 miles under 45.

Tiefsa

Haven't raced since last summer.  IDK.