How will you spend the 4Th? (Read 627 times)

Nice race time! Smile
    Thanks, fellow shortie Big grin
    2009: BQ?
      With my MIL...there is not enough booze in the world... Tonite she made some crack about my legs being "stunted." I'm really tired of her cracks on my stature. I'm 5'3.5", she is 5'8". What she fails to realize is that I am just a half inch shorter than what *I believe* is the US and the World average height for women, while she is a damned freak.
      She sounds absolutely awful. I'm also 5'3.5" and am the shortest of my siblings (my sister is a whopping 5'4." But I'm also taller than probably half my family, so it all evens out. You should just remind her that being short is awesome. We never have pants that are too short. I also find running is easier because while other people have to duck to get under low hanging branches, I sail right under them Smile
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall--she's lucky I've never given her a taste of my kickboxing skillz. Wink The really ridiculous thing is a few years back she was whining to me about how her own mother used to pick on her for her stature (her mom is shorter than me). She didn't like being called "beanpole." So what does she do...pick on someone else for their stature. What a stupid hypocrite. She is really beyond obnoxious. I'm just glad that she still lives 7-8 hours away most of the time. In the meantime I fantasize about the things I'd LIKE to say to her (and the rest of her family who are famous for making snide little comments either to my face or when they think I'm out of earshot--I swear, none of them realize what loudmouths they really are), but I keep mum to avoid creating waves. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

-I slept in (My plan was to do a 10K but I needed my rest) -shot the bull for a couple hours on the phone -Cleaned and did some super decluttering -Mowed a swampy lawn -ate out (cooked out last weekend) -ran about 10 miles... was trying to do 13 or 14 but I jacked my knee up... -along my run... I watched people shoot off fireworks... and almost saw a mortar go off under a passing car... crazy ************************ Yalls need to get some of that growth hormone. modal (who has nothing wrong with short people... only those under 4'10)

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

-ran about 10 miles... was trying to do 13 or 14 but I jacked my knee up...
            Ouch. Hopefully nothing too serious?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Yeah, really Modal! Hope your knee unjacks in time for the elScorcho!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Dang it's raining again! I am going to take it easy and run 3-6 miles till Scorcho. Not sure what exactly is causing my knee pain. I stopped a bit little hard to do some public evacuation and the outer side of my left knee just started hurting. Anyone amazed at how much folks spend on fireworks? Co-worker's son spent $300! Wow!

Vim

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Anyone amazed at how much folks spend on fireworks? Co-worker's son spent $300! Wow!
                  Shocked Like most guys, I like blowing stuff up, but that's Garmin/iPod/~3 pr of running shoes/a good chunk of an iPhone type money. No thanks!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I swear, none of them realize what loudmouths they really are), but I keep mum to avoid creating waves.
                    Rude/hostile treatment shouldn't be tolerated, whether they're family or not. I know, easier said than done, but being family doesn't give them carte blanche to be abusive to you. Just my $0.02

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Rude/hostile treatment shouldn't be tolerated, whether they're family or not. I know, easier said than done, but being family doesn't give them carte blanche to be abusive to you. Just my $0.02
                      Yeah, I know...and were it MY family I'd give them such an earful--which is probably why no one in my family is nasty to me (at least not in my presence, LOL). Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay