Texas Runningahead.com Team Runs 40K or 50K??? (Read 469 times)

Texas Runningahead.com Team Runs 40K or 50K??? Here’s the gang: modal, tschepsit, bonkin, bonkin’s coworker (left to right) The Race: This year marked the 2nd time the Fort Worth Zoo offered a 10K event. All races before 2007 were 5k to my knowledge. The course for 2008 was significantly different with noticeably less hill grade for the first 2 miles. There were 3 well manned water stops. My only complaint was mile 5 because there were people just coming into run the 5K walking in the opposing direction to runners. I set a new 10k personal record and I have to give thanks out to tschepsit for being my pacer. (Thanks tschepsit on pacing me at your easy… recreational… pace :-) ) I was hoping to break 50 and possibly run in at 48. Well, I broke 50! I will have to shoot for 48 next time. Since Derek was MIA recovering from his tiger mauling, I ended up wearing Derek’s timer tag. I was going to wear his bib too, but bonkin told me it’d be way too goofy. My question now: If one does not run the race, but their timer tag crosses the start and finish line does that as new a PR count? I SAY YES! Depending on how we look at it the team covered 40K or 5 timer chips covered 50K in total. For those of you wondering about bonkin, I cannot say too much. His publicist was not there so he was fairly tightlipped. I am sure he'll have a good story, if or when he ever does come back.

Vim

JakeKnight

Great picture. How'd I miss this? And where did you hide Bonkin?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Non ducor, duco.

ahh! Ya'll are precious for a bunch of North Texans.