Wii Fit running (Read 1892 times)

Poor guy in the clip is going to regret that some day.
    finney

Resident pinniped

Poor guy in the clip is going to regret that some day.
      I think that day is here.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This one is my personal favorite

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Yeah, I dont think any serious runner would use the running feature. I dont think thats the target. Although I suppose I could call Wii work cross training on the log. I was just curious on the running in place benefit..has anyone resorted to this in absence of a treadmill or the ability to step outside?
          This remined me of a greart story about Nelson Mandela running--sorry if it was in one of the clips, Youtube is blocked at work. "We had tea and all the rest of it, and then time came to sleep. So he said, 'You don't mind, but I'm going to run around.' He told me that he woke up very early in the morning, about 4:00 in the townships, and that he always went for these long runs. So I said, 'No man, here you're in a white area. You can't get up at 4:00 or 5:00 running around here. They patrol ...' He said, 'I am going to run. You'll see, don't worry. Let's go to sleep.' About 5:00 in the morning, I woke up and heard these camp stretchers squeak ... I looked and I saw him sitting on the end of the stretcher, putting on long-johns, and then the suits ... that athletes use ... and I said to him, 'Well, what's going on here?' He said, 'I am going to start running' ... I said, 'Well, I am not going to give you the key to go out. You can't go running around.' Then he got up, in his tracksuit, and he started running on the spot. So that was his running. I thought, 'Oh well, if you want to run on the spot, good luck to you. I am going to sleep.' About a half an hour afterwards I woke up again, and he's still running on the spot ... sweating and heaving and it went on for about an hour, this performance, and each time I just turned over and went to sleep again. At the end of it all, I noticed he did a few frog jumps across the flat, jumping up ... he had his hands out like this, and he jumped so that he could kick his hands underneath ... that took at least an hour. So I said, 'That's all right, you can do this but not me.' He says, 'No, tomorrow ... you are going to join me.'" --Wolfie Kodesh

Chris
          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

mom2three

Really Zoom? This is one of my all time R'RollD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKY5vvDC7Bc
            Jill
            HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

there is an African video with this dude saving a gazelle from a cheetah... talk about fast Big grin... with snoop dogg audio dubbedin.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4VaPMPhy-U

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)
              PDoe

HDaddy, that is freeking excellant!

Jazz hands!

This one is my personal favorite
                  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO crap.
                  run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Really Zoom? This is one of my all time R'RollD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKY5vvDC7Bc
                    OMG, I didn't think it could get scarier! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Carps10

when you run in place you're not generating any forward momentum. not the same thing as running.

Speediest Slug There Is!

celiacChris that was a phenomenal story about Mandela. He's one of my heroes and it's a good illustration of his perseverance and determination.
                        Fall seven times, stand up eight.
                        Goals:
                        *Complete a 5K (no walking)
                        Tortoise and Hare 5K, 42:05, 13:35 pace PR
                        *Weigh 160 lbs 5 to go!!!
                        *15 mpw base
                          One reason for getting Wii Fit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31qxrXsxv0
                          I'm speechless. Someone, somewhere, made money inventing that.
                          That person would be the Walt Disney of this era: Shigeru Miyamoto.