Training Calendar: Planned Workout flexibility (Read 420 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

First of all, I absolutely love the training calendar functionality on RA.  It's completely replaced my use of Google's calendar in every respect expect coordinating with a buddy and indicating to my wife not to schedule social events; I know you're working on the iCal thing.

However, one thing I think would help is a little flexibility in the "Planned Workout" drop-down on the workout page.  Sometimes a planned workout needs to be moved a day ahead, or swapped with another within a day. For example, today it's 60F, tomorrow it is supposed to sleet.  So I'm going to run my LSD today, rather than the planned tomorrow.  If would be nice if the drop-down showed yesterday's planned (and not fulfilled), today's and tomorrow's workouts.

It would also help for when you skip a day and make the workout up on the next day, which was a planned rest day.

Again, great feature.  Thanks for all the work, Eric.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

eric :)

stadjak,

I don't know what is the right thing to do in your scenario.  What does it mean to do a workout that was scheduled for yesterday?  One may argue that if you didn't complete yesterday's workout, then you have missed the workout.  For now, you can move the planned workout from yesterday to today to reflect reality.

eric Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I can definitely see the validity and value of that way of thinking.  I have a more liberal view of what executing the plan means.  Adding the flexibility would allow both world-views to exist in harmony with rainbows and butterflies.

I'll use your preferred work-around.  Thanks again for the wonderful feature.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do