My first double digit run AND triple digit month! (Read 1022 times)

Insert witty title here

Today I passed a huge milestone that I've been looking forward to for a while.. my first double digit run!! 10.1 miles at a 9:15 pace in the rain to be exact!! To make it even sweeter, today's run put me at 100.1 miles for the month of February which is almost half the miles I ran in all of 2008! I wish someone could have taken a picture of the ridiculous smile on my face for the last mile.. I'm sure it made some passing cars wonder what in the world was wrong with me! Big grin

ThomasRuns Blog
    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Today I passed a huge milestone that I've been looking forward to for a while.. my first double digit run!! 10.1 miles at a 9:15 pace in the rain to be exact!! To make it even sweeter, today's run put me at 100.1 miles for the month of February which is almost half the miles I ran in all of 2008! I wish someone could have taken a picture of the ridiculous smile on my face for the last mile.. I'm sure it made some passing cars wonder what in the world was wrong with me! Big grin
      Congrats Thomas. Super awesome job! Keep hammering out those miles.

Queen of 3rd Place

Kinda fun how getting into double-digits gives you a boost! Now go brag to your friends and see the looks on their faces!

Ex runner

an amazing likeness

Bravo !!! To alter your tag line a bit, the greatest pleasure in life is doing what you think you wont be able to accomplish. And it makes those round numbers real sweet. Keep the smile, man, inside and out.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

De-slacking in progress

So what- you do what? Run- oh- why do you do that?. The "civilians" out there won't appreciate what you just accomplished as much as you will. I gives you that sense of personal pride that nobody can take away from you. Hard work pays off, especially all those lonely miles on the road by yourself. I have been only running since April 08 and I still have the calendar page of when I broke dd and 100+ miles for the month, which was not that long ago. So your accomplishment made me recall my experience and feeling at the time I did it. Everyone on RA appreciates it anytime that we break a personal goal, whether it's running a 5k for the first time or crushing a pr on a marathon. I get excited reading race reports even though at this point of time, I may not be able to do "that". But each report gives me hope and encouragement that if they can do "that" then I just might be able to also. Great job- now it's time to crush another personal goal Yes

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Not to hijack the thread or anything but I also reached 100km in a month for the first time and am pretty stoked about it. I realize you ran 100 miles which is like 160km but I will enjoy my small victory.
                I wish someone could have taken a picture of the ridiculous smile on my face for the last mile.. I'm sure it made some passing cars wonder what in the world was wrong with me! Big grin
                I've definitely been there a few times......GOOD JOB........I think this is the first of many more double digit runs and triple digit months....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Insert witty title here

Not to hijack the thread or anything but I also reached 100km in a month for the first time and am pretty stoked about it. I realize you ran 100 miles which is like 160km but I will enjoy my small victory.
                  Great job! That seems like a big victory to me!

ThomasRuns Blog
                  Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

hey thanks, and who know maybe 160km in a couple months....we'll see. Congrats on your milestone as well.
                    theyapper

On the road again...

Nice work, both of you! Keep it up.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I look my best blurry!

I just started myself a few weeks ago. My best is 9.5. You are my inspiration! Be careful. I'm suffering with knee pain for ramping up miles too quickly. Sad
                        nkeliher

Running nut

Nice job - I felt on a whole other level when I did my first 10+ mile run. Not sure if you're thinking about a marathon or not but you'll feel the same (or better) when you do your first 20-miler and you realize that yes, you are actually capable of completing the whole 26.2.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Solid! nice job! Now go eat some pizza!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

redleaf

I know it's a little late but I wanted to add my own WOOHOO to that! (for both 100 miles and 100 km! both of which are still goals for me to meet!)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362