Lisfranc injuries (Read 50 times)

Birdwell

Anyone else had one?

I have been struggling with some chronic pain/discomfort lately, all from a Lisfranc fracture about 3.5 years ago.

It was misdiagnosed at first and by the time the docs finally figured it out (18 months later), it was too late for any kind of surgery.

I really f**ked things up after the initial injury. I ran through all the pain and discomfort, even trying a 50 miler before hanging up the shoes for an extended break.

My podiatrist and ortho doc both have said the pain/discomfort is simply the new normal I need to live with. I've been toying with seeking out chiropractic care for it, but wondered if anyone else had any insight.

SMART Approach

That is a tough one. It certainly may be the new normal. I am assumng your fracture and ligaments are healed. You may be stuck with a greater joint space which can have long term effects. Maybe try orthotics or another type of shoe to alter the stress if your foot. Also, do your research on ways to strengthen all parts of your foot. Sometimes the little things can make a big difference.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Daydreamer1

Dealing with the foot seems to be rather touchy and problematic as they take all of our weight and are slow to heal.

My wife had a Jones fracture and several years later had surgery on a really bad bunion that the Doctors had left go too long. Discomfort has somewhat become the norm for her although it is slowly getting better.  The podiatrist that did the bunion surgery told her it would take a long time for the pain to go away and it is.

Also, is the pain definitely coming from the old injury?  Somewhere, a while ago, i think it may have been on a triathlon site, someone else had been dealing with a lot of foot pain and found out that it was a Morton's Neuroma. Can't remember if that had developed after another injury or not.  If my wife's pain doesn't get any better I'm going to have them check her for one of those as well.

I knew you weren't posting over on Trailer Trash but didn't know you couldn't run.