Garmin Foot Pod in Nike Shoes (Read 62 times)

spartanrob

Anyone use their Garmin Foot Pod in Nike Shoes?

In my Nike's, the foot pod fits fine, but is very loose and sometimes bounces around.  Is this an issue for anyone?  what have you done about it?

Julia1971

I don't understand.  The footpod unit sits in a do-hickey that is attached to the shoe laces.  So, as long as your shoe laces aren't extra loose, I don't understand how it would bounce around...

In my Nike's, the foot pod fits fine, but is very loose and sometimes bounces around.  Is this an issue for anyone?  what have you done about it?

Works just fine.  I put it in "Garmin" side down, but with the little arrow pointing the correct direction.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

spartanrob

I don't understand.  The footpod unit sits in a do-hickey that is attached to the shoe laces.  So, as long as your shoe laces aren't extra loose, I don't understand how it would bounce around...

I'm talking about putting it in the spot under the insole in the Nike shores.

Julia1971

I'm talking about putting it in the spot under the insole in the Nike shores.

Oh.  I didn't realize people used it that way.  Seems like you should be able to wedge some cotton or something in there to stabilize it.

ckerr1999

Yes, placing the garmin footpod in the insole of Nikes shoes work fine. just ensure it is facing downward. If you want to prevent it from moving around you could always use a piece of tape.

Not sure why, but I never had any luck with it in my Nike sole. I actual had a foot pod quit working all together when I tried using the foot pod well.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Cat Herder

Strange, my Garmin foot pod does NOT fit inside my Nike shoes. The Nike sensor and Garmin foot pod appear to be the same size, but curved differently and the curve doesn't fit in my shoe. I've had these Nike sensors for years and they've gone into different shoes, and I just bought the Garmin foot pod recently.