Cool Running import status (Read 2255 times)

sluggo

John

Hi Eric, I am a coolrunning "refugee"( : ( I don't really like that word). Is there anyway to get the logs from coolrunning, if I already already imported them in Active. I don't see any option in Active to save the logs Thanks, Zeba
    yes - as of 5:05 PM today, I can still download my old logs from CR (and they were already merged into active). 1) log into active with your active username and password 2) open a new browser window and go to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME where you replace "USERNAME" with your coolrunning username. 3) now you should be looking at the old familiar CR stuff go to tools and download your log HTH John

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

running yogi

no, that does not work for me
      yes - as of 5:05 PM today, I can still download my old logs from CR (and they were already merged into active). 1) log into active with your active username and password 2) open a new browser window and go to: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=USERNAME where you replace "USERNAME" with your coolrunning username. 3) now you should be looking at the old familiar CR stuff go to tools and download your log HTH John

running yogi

I am hosed, aren't I ? Cry
        Leendert_Old

Zeb, using the instructions I posted on http://community.active.com/message/34951#34951 you should be able to download your log from Cool Running. If it fails, using the above method, try clearing out the cookie stored by the Cool Running site and trying the above approach again. In Firefox you can clear a cookie as follows: Select Edit->Preferences. Under the Privacy, select Show Cookies... From the window that pops up, select coolrunning.com and press Remove Cookies). I'm not sure how you can clear a specific cookie in other browsers such as Internet Explorer.
          dgtray

Hi Eric, I am a coolrunning "refugee"( : ( I don't really like that word). Is there anyway to get the logs from coolrunning, if I already already imported them in Active. I don't see any option in Active to save the logs Thanks, Zeba
            Have you tried this link: http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/log/display.cgi?u=userid;p=password It worked like a charm for me, but in scanning the threads on the transition page some people must be having issues. In fact I used the old coolrunning log all week through the url above until my data was moved into RunningAHEAD. I'm sad for coolrunning's demise, but this log has so many additional features. David

2012 Races: Galveston 2/5, St. Louis 4/15, Fort Collins 5/6, Woodrow Wilson Bridge Run 10/7

Big grin Thanks Eric, glad I downloaded my file from coolrunning before the change. Uploaded it here in about 1 second. I couldn't believe how fast and easy it was. Mind you I only had 65 entries over 3 months but still wow thanks again, your log is even better than coolrunning's was.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

mldrabenstott

Eric, Can't thank you enough for your log and the ability to import data from Cool Running. Nicely done. Site users: if you're happy with what Eric has done for us Cool Running refugees, send him some love via the PayPal donation. It's the least we can do -- and so much more fulfilling than sending money to Active. Happy holidays, Eric. And thanks again! Michael
                sluggo

John

I am hosed, aren't I ? Cry
                  Zeb - if you are still having trouble - I'll bet that someone else might be able to help - but - they will need your active and cr usernames and passwords and you would have to trust them to do the right thing. I am more than willing to give it a try and you can reach me at: throwawaymail97@yahoo.com Note, I will ignore all mail sent to this address after 12-24. If you contact me here, I can give you a better address for reaching me. John throwawaymail97@yahoo.com

John

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

sdutton

John, I have tried the link that everyone is having good luck with, but it won't let me in the to old CR Logs. I just can't seem to get to where I need to download data. I'd be willing to give you my user names .... Thanks , Sherri

running yogi

This finally worked Big grin Thank you soooo much...
                      Zeb, using the instructions I posted on http://community.active.com/message/34951#34951 you should be able to download your log from Cool Running. If it fails, using the above method, try clearing out the cookie stored by the Cool Running site and trying the above approach again. In Firefox you can clear a cookie as follows: Select Edit->Preferences. Under the Privacy, select Show Cookies... From the window that pops up, select coolrunning.com and press Remove Cookies). I'm not sure how you can clear a specific cookie in other browsers such as Internet Explorer.

D'Blue

Big grin Thank you, Eric and to those who have posted the directions on getting the CR data out so I could migrate. I'm delighted to see how many people love their log and what a treat to find a place I could again join. It didn't take me long to bring my data in and then learn RA and do the editing to the shoes I needed to do. All was very simple and I've had fun learning this great site. "Happy to be here"
                        sluggo

John

John, I have tried the link that everyone is having good luck with, but it won't let me in the to old CR Logs. I just can't seem to get to where I need to download data. I'd be willing to give you my user names .... Thanks , Sherri
                          Hi Sherri, If you send me your login data, I will do my best to running logs for you. You can still reach me at: throwawaymail97@yahoo.com John

John

sdutton

John, Thank you so much for the offer!!!!! I finally got it late last night and am I every happy to have my data! Sherri
                            sluggo

John

John, Thank you so much for the offer!!!!! I finally got it late last night and am I every happy to have my data! Sherri
                              Good news - congrats! It was probably better for you to get this info without having to trust some stranger (me). John

John

mheaton

Are you still importing these? 'cause I can't get to my coolrunning log and am just very upset.... thanks, melissa mheaton