Podcasts & Shuffle... ? (Read 787 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Then, of course, you have the rule that says you must accept what the Shuffle delivers -- no skipping -- so for the next hour you have to listen to Ira or Terri or Car Talk. You have that rule too, don't you? Oh well, probably not. Never mind.
    Ooh, Car Talk...that's another Podcast I should load up. Today was really nice listening to the "Girlfriends" for 3 hours, though my run absolutely sucked. Maybe next week I will try Steve Cochrane. Definitely a nice change of pace from music, though. I wasn't quite as driven to run faster than I should be...not that I could have today, but I definitely have a tendency to push too hard if a motivating song pops up in the playlist. "Smack My Bitch Up" and "F*ck the Pain Away" are particularly bad tracks when I am supposed to be running "easy."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Definitely a nice change of pace from music, though. I wasn't quite as driven to run faster than I should be...not that I could have today, but I definitely have a tendency to push too hard if a motivating song pops up in the playlist.
      Last night, I was podcast-listening, and I was just dragging. So I skipped ahead to the music of NFL films, which causes me to start grunting, taunting myself, and mutter things like "Give 'em to me" and "What now, Bitches?" under my breath. And, of course, I eventually blew a fuse. Big grin So yeah, listening to spoken word stuff definitely has a different effect than crankin' tunes.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

One of my favorites is the podcast of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Of course, laughing could interfere with your run. Big grin
        ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One of my favorites is the podcast of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Of course, laughing could interfere with your run. Big grin
          Oh, yeah, I love that show. I've missed a lot of episodes, too, so that would work well. And "Whaddya Know?" is always good, too. I grew up on Feldman when he was only syndicated to WI Pub. Radio.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last night, I was podcast-listening, and I was just dragging. So I skipped ahead to the music of NFL films, which causes me to start grunting, taunting myself, and mutter things like "Give 'em to me"
            That's what you get for dreadmillin'. Wink I'm sure I'd opt for that in the Summer in the deep So., though. What's the weather like by you guys nowadays? I'm wishing for 50s, so I can only imagine how hellish it must feel down there.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What's the weather like by you guys nowadays? I'm wishing for 50s, so I can only imagine how hellish it must feel down there.
              Actually, it's not that bad at the moment (84°F, 43% RH) at 2:30 in the afternoon. Not my preferred 35°~50°, but very do-able. But my runs have been consistently getting into the 45~60 minute range lately, and that's more than I have time to squeeze in during lunch at work, so that's another reason for nighttime runs.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahh...you guys are about 10º warmer than we are, but otherwise sounds similar. We could be a LOT warmer and more humid, so I'm not too upset, but I've already had my fill of Summer, isn't that sad? I'd honestly love to live someplace with a month of Winter (coinciding with Dec./Christmas), a month of Summer, and then the rest of the year divided between Spring and Fall. That would be my Utopia.

~ Sarah Kay

The shirtless wonder

Ahh...you guys are about 10º warmer than we are, but otherwise sounds similar. We could be a LOT warmer and more humid, so I'm not too upset, but I've already had my fill of Summer, isn't that sad? I'd honestly love to live someplace with a month of Winter (coinciding with Dec./Christmas), a month of Summer, and then the rest of the year divided between Spring and Fall. That would be my Utopia.
                  Isn't that basically San Diego? Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Isn't that basically San Diego? Big grin
                    All of that coastal area of CA seems to be like that. Except for the earthquake thing I think I'd like to live in CA for that weather.

~ Sarah Kay