Current Goal Indicator (Read 515 times)

Eric, As if you don't have enough suggestions already I have one more. I am currently training for a Half Marathon. I started out by running the same amount every day and slowly increasing that amount from week to week. It looked real good on my chart/summmary. My running has "evolved" and now I am using a training system to help me complete the half and get my time in a respectible range. Now my summary looks very fragmented and choppy. It is somewhat discouraging and it got me to thinking it would be nice to look at some other users workouts who are training for the same goal. Is there anyway you could set up a dropdown where we could indicate what we are training for so when others look at our profiles we can see how we compare? Thanks Bryan
    When I started running I thought people would admire me for it, then I realized most of them think I am crazy...and that makes me run harder.
    eric :)

Bryan, Could you elaborate what you want? Would this drop down be a list of distances such as: - 5k - 10k - 1/2m - marathon? Would it be on the profile page so if I view your profile, it'll say you're training for a half marathon? And do you want to be able to find all people that are training for a half marathon? I don't know when I can get to it. I'm still working on the google map upgrade. After that is groups. Progress has slowed to a crawl and I really need to get that done. eric Smile
        Eric, You read my mind. A drop down of distances like you mentioned would be great. Showing it on the profile would let me know when I look at their summary why they are running the way they are. Lastly, being able to search for other people who are training for the same kind of race would be great. It would be a good way for people to interact and support each other. If you wanted to get real fancy it could even allow for a goal date, so you could tell how close they are to their goal. I know you have a lot on your plate so I understand if it will take a while to look into something like this. Bryan
        When I started running I thought people would admire me for it, then I realized most of them think I am crazy...and that makes me run harder.