Possible Stress Fracture (Read 855 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

So, since CMM, I've been having pain in my foot. At first, I thought it was from my laces being tied to tight, but it didn't get better. I rested it for a few days and it felt pretty good. So, I ran 3 miles this Tuesday and after (and during) it didn't feel great. On Wednesday, I had to stop running after 1.25. So, off to the sports doc today. My x-rays were "inconclusive" but he feels it is a stress fracture. Cry

Robin

I'm sorry. That is a total drag. I hope you rest it well and heal quickly!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, Robin...I am so sorry. Is the pain on top of your foot? I hope it's just tendons or muscles and not anything more serious.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm soo sorry to hear that!!! {{{{{ healing vibes}}}}}}

My dogs are fast, not me

It's in my Navicular bone. Everything I've read online agrees with my sports doc's diagnosis. I've got a bone scan tomorrow and if it's positive, I'll be in a cast(!) and on crutches for 6 weeks. Cry My sports doc is great though. One of the first things he asked me is what my next race was and what steps we need to take to get me ready for it. Of course, I'm not going to make it, but it was better than him telling me to quit running!

Robin

My dogs are fast, not me

Woohoo! Bone scan negative - no stress fracture!!! I've got exercises to do to strengthen my foot and a plan to get me back running!! Big grin

Robin

The Greatest of All Time

Woohoo! Bone scan negative - no stress fracture!!! I've got exercises to do to strengthen my foot and a plan to get me back running!! Big grin
                Great news!
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                sgramm

What were your exercises? I seem to be having a similar pain, and would like to give them a try? My pain is on the top of my right foot, sort of where the second last laces tie. It feels like they are too tight, but as you said it just doesn't get better.