found a couple of pre diet photos. (Read 1567 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

These are motivators to keep the weight off: I had actually lost 21 lb in theses photos, and was feeling really good about myself, but god I was big. Keep on running. By the way, I am a magician, hence the cards. NOW More to follow!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

This is some kind of disappearing act, isn't it.... Wink
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is some kind of disappearing act, isn't it.... Wink
        *nods* Eddy, you looked good then, but you look great now! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slow-smooth-fast

*nods* Eddy, you looked good then, but you look great now! Smile k
          thanks, i ilooked terrible. I had a look at your blog, you look great too!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

derek

Eddy, thanks for sharing your before and after photos. It's very motivating see these types of photos. Maybe I'll finally get my act together and start losing some more weight!! Derek

Derek

Very impressive Eddy. You've worked really hard to get where you ae now and it's paying off.
              Matt_Squires

How much weight did you lose eddy and how long did it take you to get in the shape you're in? My goal is 100 pounds lost, I'm at 70 now.

madness baby

Wow, congratulations Eddy. You look great and you should be so proud of your progress! You look like you've been running all your life in that race picture. Smile
                  deb

Slow-smooth-fast

I started dieting last October, up to date, I have lost 82lbs, still want to lose about 8 more, then I think I will be satisfied. Thanks for the comments guys, be good to see some of your befores and afters.

One word: WOW!! Shocked
                      2009: BQ?
                        congratulations on doing so well with your goals! you do look great and it sounds like you feel pretty great, too-- nice work! ps how did you amend your diet to achieve your goals?

Slow-smooth-fast

congratulations on doing so well with your goals! you do look great and it sounds like you feel pretty great, too-- nice work! ps how did you amend your diet to achieve your goals?
                          When you say amend I take it that you mean when I got to the last bit and it was impossible to shed anymore weight? Well, I changed it by eating a lot more protein, cutting down on certain things like kebabs at the weekend, and beer. I have had a good diet through the whole of my diet, but have never deprived myself of treats at the weekend. However, I found that when my goal approached I had to knock them on the head to get to where I wanted to be. Now I find that I can still have the treats, pretty much twice a week, and still lose it by mid week, my metabolism must have sped right up, and with a few runs it comes off again. Hope that answers it.

it does, thank you! my friend j. has had similar success-- once he finally knocked off his favorite soft drink, he got down to his goal weight, and maintenance vs losing has meant he's able to have weekly treats again. it's good to know the strategy has worked for someone else, too.
                            freckles

i love before and afters. I have a before and during! and can't wait for my after! Might post it over at the jiggly joggers rather than the main forum though for shyness reasons!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

freckles

hey eddy i saw you in this months runners world. i looked at the cover and read the line about a reader losing 6 stone and i thought to myself i wonder if that is eddy! and it was! good on you.

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.