Leg Pain (Read 462 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

I have finally decided that I need to take it easier. I have been doing a bit much lately and ignoring slight twinges in my right leg. Last night after my tempo run, my right quadricep cramped up. I did a recovery today, and had to cut it short as I had the same experience. It is sort of a tight cramp in my right leg, and is stretching down to my knee region. I know I need to rest now for sure, but how long? When should I recommence? I dont want to do serious damage but yet again I dont want to lose what i have built. Many thanks.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Now that was a bath...

Whoooooooaaaaaa. 3 tempos and one long run in a period of 7 days!!!! Yep - maybe a tad too much you crazy runner! Most of the advice that I read whilst injured depended on the severity of the injury. If it's pain that stops you running my Sports Physio suggested an initial 3 days of RICE treatment and if then the 'pain' can be described as only 'discomfort' then try running again. If there is any pain on resuming - stop immediately, consult a professional opionion and repeat the RICE treatment whilst following any advice given. Of course everyone has a different take on this and you also have to factor in a runner's insanity levels. Stay sane and get better soon! Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.