Data Import Failure (Read 175 times)

paris58pr

Error Message: Garmin Communicator Not Installed (however it is, I have a Garmin screen  "You have Communicator Plug-In"  4.2.0.0 Forerunner 230 detected.

Browser: Safari 10.1

Op System: OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

I am trying to import GPS data and I get the error message. Have tried everything. Read and tried fixes on Forum.

Thanks!

an amazing likeness

I don't personally use Safari on Mac... but doesn't Safari block plug-ins ?  This is what Garmin support has:

Safari blocks plugins by default, and will prompt to allow them on pages that use plugins. On these prompts, choose Trust. Refreshing the page should then allow the plugin to load. To allow the plugin to load without prompting on each page:

1. Open Safari
      2. Click Safari in the menu bar
      3. Click Preferences
      4. Click Security
      5. Next to Internet plug-ins, click Manage Website Settings or Website Settings
      6. Highlight Garmin Communicator Plugin
      7. In the dropdown menu next to When visiting other websites, select Allow Always

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

paris58pr

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions did not fix the problem. Still cannot upload. Received 21 error messages "system user-data import failure"

an amazing likeness

I'm going to strongly recommend you change from Garmin Communicator browser plug-in to the Garmin Express app. Garmin Communicator is at end of life.

paris58pr

I deleted the Garmin Communicator Plugin. How do I know move the data from Garmin Express? I get the same error messages when I try to import from GPS.

an amazing likeness

Garmin Communicator no longer is usable. The browsers no longer support it, and Garmin has expired it from use.

There's more details in this RA topic if you want to read them.

If you are currently uploading via the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in, you need to make some changes:

The solution is Garmin Express, and you will have no issues staying with Safari and getting data uploaded.

1. Go over to Garmin.com (link) and download the Garmin Express software.

2. Install Garmin Express. This will remove and replace the Garmin Communicator browser plug-in which is End-of-Life.

3. Insure you have the integration setup between RunningAHEAD and Garmin Connect (in your RA log: Tools-> Applications)

With Garmin Express installed, whenever your Garmin device is connected, new workouts will be upload by Garmin Express to Garmin Connect and will pass through to your RunningAHEAD log and be there for you to save.  You then add the workout to your log exactly as you do today via Log -> Upload GPS Data.

paris58pr

Still a no go.

I have read other recent forum messages with the same problem. I have a 2 month old forerunner 230. It uploaded last week and stopped on the 17th. I followed all recommended steps. When I try to upload I get the box that tells me I must install the Plugin (which I deleted earlier at your advice).

an amazing likeness

If you have Garmin Express installed and working, and have setup the integration between Garmin Connect and RunningAhead -- you don't use the "Upload" feature here at RA.  The uploads from your ForeRunner are handled by Garmin Express, uploaded to Garmin Connect and then sent to RA via the integration.

You'll see a notification in the "in box" icon to the right of RunningAHEAD in the header when the file is transferred from Garmin Connect to RA.

paris58pr

Sorry to be so much work!

Followed instructions and there are no incoming messages there.

Double checking...RA--Tools--Applications--I have a Garmin Connect 2" x 3" box there. Is this correct?

an amazing likeness

Yes, in your training log via the Tools -> Applications, there will be an option to link your RuningAhead and Garmin Connect accounts:

The dialog box will contain:

Garmin Connect Logo

When you enable Garmin Connect integration, you will no longer need to upload your data to multiple locations. Workouts uploaded to Garmin Connect will also be sent to your RunningAHEAD log. If you have Garmin Express installed, then this is the only way to upload your workouts to RunningAHEAD.

After you setup this integration, uploads from your Forerunner will be pushed to Garmin Connect and then passed through to Runningahead.

Note --> when you first set this up, it can take Garmin Connect up to 24 hours to start sending workouts. And, Garmin Connect will often send over the past 21-30 (+/-) workouts in the 1st batch.

Note #2 --> you can verify the integration from the Garmin Connect side via: Settings -> Account Information: at the bottom of the information it will show the integrations you have active.

paris58pr

update 2 days later...

still no new data uploaded from garmin to RA. spoke to garmin support to see if there was something i needed to do from the garmin side. they had me go to settings-privacy settings-allow everyone. i had a privacy setting on that they said would prevent data transfer. That was yesterday. i recently did receive an upload of old data that has already been in place a week so i didn't need it. perhaps more data will follow.

paris58pr

still have data import failure

20 error messages/day

will use .tcx to manually import work outs

better than nothing

eric :)

Hi all,

This is caused by a change in file format. I think Garmin Connect has switched to FIT 2.0, which RA doesn't support yet.  I'm working on upgrading the importer now.  It'll probably take a couple of weeks to complete, depending on the complexity of the changes.

eric Smile

paris58pr

data now uploading automatically. thanks for the fix!

cbsteven1

I am still having this issue as of today. Run workouts transfer over from Garmin automatically perfectly. Swim workouts do not transfer and I get several 'Data import error messages'. Importing the .TCX file manually works fine.