Advise a noob on user group etiquette, please? (Read 538 times)

Sooo, how do user groups work?  Do you have to be invited to one, or do you just barge right in?  Anything else I should know?  

Thanks!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Barge away, I barged into a few of the new ones.

Ladybugz

Sooo, how do user groups work?  Do you have to be invited to one, or do you just barge right in?  Anything else I should know?  

Thanks!  : )

+1

#artbydmcbride

Some of them need a password.  You have to PM the owner to get access.  I think The Ladies Locker Room is like this.

Runners run

The Thunder

Ya gotta talk to me first...and if I approve, then you're golden.  

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

xor

xor

Just click the "join group" link/button at a group's page if it appears.  That will let you in, unless approval is needed in which case there will be some secret magic.

As for group etiquette, every group is different.  But most are pretty laid back.  You can barge or you can lurk for a bit and see what's what.

Some groups are super active.  Some are not.  If you get hooked up to one that isn't, well, you can try to change that!  Also, don't let that lead you to believe that all are this way.  Nope.

Ok, thanks, guys.  Guess I'll start snooping.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau