wide trail shoes?? (Read 382 times)

So I am a VIP member to Road Runner Sports and am searching for women's stability trail shoes in a wide fit....they carry none.  I am fairly new to trail running so this may be a dumb question but do they NOT make trail shoes in wide?  RRS has such a wide variety of everything else, I just find it odd.  Thanks!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The only thing I have found with some stability and a wide fit is the Mizuno Wave Ascend 4.  It's not technically a wide shoe, but I have a wide forefoot (have been wearing the NB D width shoes for 3 years...until recently when they started switching to a new MUCH narrower last) and it fits well.  It's a very roomy medium.  Definitely give it a try.  It's as wide as a lot of shoes that are actually billed as wide.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thank you so much! I will check them out.  RRS has a good return policy so no matter what I'm sure its ok.  Oh I just read your race report.  Awesome job!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thank you so much! I will check them out.  RRS has a good return policy so no matter what I'm sure its ok.  Oh I just read your race report.  Awesome job!

Thanks!  

Let us know if you like the shoes.  I have only done a couple of short runs in mine, but they are comfy and have great traction in all sorts of stuff.  Probably not good for really technical, rocky stuff (no rock plate), but great on sand, mud, leaves and stuff.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay