Printing your own shoes (Read 412 times)

Looks like shoe manufacturing is about to change, this could be awesome.

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/student-creates-worlds-fastest-shoe-with-a-printer-2012079/

Feeling the growl again

Some bold performance claims I doubt they have any real evidence for.  Nonetheless, it is a very interesting concept.  They've been using this technology for prototype modeling for some time; I used to know someone who ran one of these machines.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Now, what would be really nice is if companies sold the patterns for their shoe-lines so you could print them yourselves.  Want some 1974 era Nikes?  <print>

Of course, they'd find some digial rights management so they could make a profit, but wouldn't it be worth it -- never find yourself without a new pair of your favorite kicks.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some bold performance claims I doubt they have any real evidence for.  Nonetheless, it is a very interesting concept.  They've been using this technology for prototype modeling for some time; I used to know someone who ran one of these machines.

I saw some cool looking prosthetics that used this technology.  Really interesting to see Art fused with medical devices, like that.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay