Running partners (Read 960 times)

MikeB-BoR

To anyone not in a running club...JOIN...Smile I did the same as others, waited until I thought I could keep up with them. Guess what...I keep up with some, am slower then others and others are slower then me. Quite often there is even a group of walkers or someone recovering from an injury so they are taking it easy. One of the other RA members (Aamos) runs in the group and I would consider her a "Serious Runner" and I would not be able to keep up with her in a race, yet have run with her during easy club runs. Once we all meet up, we usually break off into 3 or 4 seperate groups. Younger crowd, trail runners, old fast folks, old slow folks, etc. I'm 37 and run with the young group because the 50+ group is too fast for me Big grin The group I run with, I use almost like a speed workout, but a few in the group use it as their slowww run. I only run with the group once a week, but there are others that go 3-4 times a week. Find out where they meet up and run with them a few times. I would say runners are some of the most helpful and nice people around. You will most likely be welcomed with open arms. They were all just starting out at one point too. I move in the next few months to Oahu, Hawaii and the first thing I'm doing is checking out the running clubs. Any one from HI?

Goals :
    •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight