What's the longest run you've ever done (no walk breaks)? (Read 2826 times)

Old, Slow, Happy

The longest race I have run is a HM.  I have run 20 miles during workouts without walking.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Update, folks . .   

My regular run segment is now 4 minutes , with a 1 minute walk break in between,

but yesterday Just-For-Fun I ran a 5 minute Run Segment.

Not much compared to all of you, but this is progress, considering I started with walking-only then progressed to a jogging a 5-second segment (with a 1 minute walk break!)  earlier this year

Keep up the good effort Everyone

30sec

to 2min

to 4min

You're making exponential gains!

Be careful not to go up too fast -- well of course it's great to go up, but I mean, stay healthy Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Chris

Interesting that I stumbled across this question today...

I've been running for about 5 months now, and I've just started serious training for a half marathon in April, so I have to contend with "long runs," and with keeping better track of my actual miles.  

I'm new to Running Ahead.  I found this site today, looking for a better combination of run log and mapping software. (I had been using two -different- sites for these two functions, which is silly!) 

The reason I was -looking- for a better site is that I took a wrong turn during my planned 8 miler today, and now I wanted to go map my actual distance without having to clock it in the car.  So here it is...

My brand new personal best is 9.98 miles in about 1:33!  I really took a heck of a wrong turn, to accidentally add a hair under two miles! 

I would have walked once I realized how much longer the run was, but my wife had to leave for work!!! So I did the last two miles in about 16 minutes!!

Good to meet you all!

navghtivs

26.2mi like many people.  Not a single step walking, ran into porta-potty and out of it in the middle.
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations Kidsensei -- sounds like the half-marathon will be no problem at all for you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Marathon...
                BostonRnr

GST

30 miles, in training, carrying my water bottle and having more stashed.  Other than that, marathon.  But I've also taken walk breaks (through aid stations) in some of those, too.  Didn't make a huge difference either way.  Never have done scheduled walk breaks.
                      15 miles for me. I want to bump it up a little since I want to become a serious runner.