Jogging Stroller Advice (Read 597 times)

I have a 7 month old and I am in the process of looking for a jogging stroller. I typically run 40-50 miles a week with a long run of 12-20 miles. I mainly do a lot of my mileage on the road but occasionally use trails for my mileage. My wife will also be using this but not for as many miles, she is ~5'7" and I am 5'11 so hopefully we can find one with a little bit of adjustment with the handles. Anyone w/ suggestions would be great! I know there have been a couple threds with this as the topic but I didn't know what kind of mileage people were using these strollers for and how they kept their child occupied while in the stroller. Thanks!
      I have a BOB Sport untility model. It would be great for trails. I only use it for a couple of runs a week and probably the longest I go is an hour. Usually DS would sleep but as he got older I had to bribe(with a sucker or food) him to get into the stroller and plan my runs around his nap time. We don't get to run as much together any more but he will be 3 this summer and still loves to go and fits well in the stroller.
      snooz_bar

A few recommendations, get aluminum frame and wheels, you want lightweight, and get one with a large sun shade for the child. To keep our child happy we use books, small toys (rattles and bite toys for small children), mp3 player (with headphones or speakers), sticks, pine cones, pinwheels, I Spy game, lots of talking and pointing out things, especially for your youngster, food and drink. They take lots of naps with all the fresh air, just protect them from the sun. Good luck, hope that helps. Kyle

Non ducor, duco.

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/7a22cfd194e44847ac5ecf0ed460b205#focus Food works to keep em busy but my kids always slept. MTA: I only used it occasionally, like maybe two to three times a month.
            We purchased a BOB Ironman single stroller with our first son. No complaints - light - tracks very straight and folds down fairly small without taking the wheels off. If you purchase a Bob - buy the handlebar console. It is great for carrying drinks, phone, garage opener, etc. What ever brand you buy - just get a good one. I know several runners that tried to get a cheap one and they were not happy with it so it never gets used. Kevin
            Don't let the fat fool you .....