keep getting logged out (Read 424 times)

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

For whatever reason, I'm repeatedly being logged out of my account every so often. It just started happening today, and a few other users are experiencing the same problem.

In transit, arriving on time. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...so it's not just on my end...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Yes. Mee too.

It's like I'm being kicked out of RA.

What I can't figure out is if I should ask for a feature to send me an email about it, log it for other admins to see, or just leave it as is.

MTA: It doesn't seem to be a browser thing. Happening on my puter and fone. Safari and other's Firefax.

Dang hard for me to 'member my email address and password though.

Found it!.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xhristopher

Gotta say I've become spoiled with the fact that I don't have to constantly relog into RA if I choose not to want to. In a way this is a small reminder about how good we have it here.

Feeling the growl again

Yes. Mee too.

It's like I'm being kicked out of RA.

What I can't figure out is if I should ask for a feature to send me an email about it, log it for other admins to see, or just leave it as is.

If you keep getting kicked out, maybe you should learn not to go there anymore.

Oh, and this --  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Docket_Rocket

I'm having the same problem.  It has asked me for my login information three times today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

Close your browser.  Open a browser.  See if it is doing it NOW.

The current supposition is that it has to do with various site updates during the day that expired our cookies and logged us out.  The last time I tried coming to the site, perma-login worked fine.  Is it STILL doing it for you?

eric :)

It was my fault.  I restructured the cookie code today which introduced a security hole where it may log you in as someone else.  I reverted the code back to what it was before, and then realized the users that were then currently logged on would have a similar problem.  I decided to take a hit and add cookie versioning so that I wouldn't have this kind of problem in the future.  Unfortunately, it also means all existing cookies are invalidated and you have to log in again.  I'm sorry about that :-(

xor

We love eric.

I also like cookies.

Yes, I too have become spoiled!

(And iPhone / iPad usage has gotten better over the past couple weeks.  I'm not putting in the </p> thingy as I'm typing on my iPhone... Even able to underline, bold, and /or italicize easily... MTA, and edit!).

Happy, happy, happy!

Gotta say I've become spoiled with the fact that I don't have to constantly relog into RA if I choose not to want to. In a way this is a small reminder about how good we have it here.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

A Saucy Wench

Hah, it has gotten to the point where if it happens I start looking around to see if eric Smile has changed something.  It is about the only time it happens.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'm not putting in the </p> thingy as I'm typing on my iPhone.

Awkward.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the info.  The fact that you care enough to make us happy says a lot!

It was my fault.  I restructured the cookie code today which introduced a security hole where it may log you in as someone else.  I reverted the code back to what it was before, and then realized the users that were then currently logged on would have a similar problem.  I decided to take a hit and add cookie versioning so that I wouldn't have this kind of problem in the future.  Unfortunately, it also means all existing cookies are invalidated and you have to log in again.  I'm sorry about that :-(

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page