Asshat Bugs (Read 678 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, that's not really what they're called, but I am sick to death of these Box Elder Beetles. They have been covering (literally...huge masses of them all over) our garage for months, but now that it's getting really cold they are getting in the house. I'm so tired of looking down to find one crawling up my arm...flick the stupid thing off, only to have it fly right back. I hate bugs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Ok, that's not really what they're called, but I am sick to death of these Box Elder Beetles. They have been covering (literally...huge masses of them all over) our garage for months, but now that it's getting really cold they are getting in the house. I'm so tired of looking down to find one crawling up my arm...flick the stupid thing off, only to have it fly right back. I hate bugs. k
      Why thank you! (Seriously). I now know what to call the little creatures that crawl all over my house and driveway every fall and spring. What I used to call them could get me arrested in 47 states. Modified to add: plus, you called them asshats. That's funny.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

God, I am SO sick of these f&%&($# things in my house! We have never had them in the house before, but we also have never seen so many outdoors as this year. They are BAD. And they are crawling around and flying in the house and landing on me from time to time...which makes. me. flip. T.F. out! I HATE bugs (except for nice ones, like butterflies, dragon/damsel flies and ladybugs).

~ Sarah Kay

Cryptic

I hate those things. Glad they aren't prevalent around here this year.The most important aspect of indoor elimination and prevention of Boxelder bugs is dusting cracks and crevices where these pest like to spend the winter. The best insecticide dust to use is Delta Dust. This odorless product is easily applied to cracks and crevices.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I need to find that. We live in an old house with LOTS of cracks and crevices, so maybe we should just dump it all over. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I hate those things. Glad they aren't prevalent around here this year.The most important aspect of indoor elimination and prevention of Boxelder bugs is dusting cracks and crevices where these pest like to spend the winter. The best insecticide dust to use is Delta Dust. This odorless product is easily applied to cracks and crevices.
              Thanks for the tip! I don't really mind the things - but, man, they really do get just about everywhere, including stuck to your clothes when you walk in the house. Delta Dust it is.

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I just want to point out the other side of the problem. I have never heard of Delta Dust, and I would assume that it's actually a dust that will stick to these buggers. I'm also assuming that it doesn't kill on contact, so the bugs can potentially carry the dust to other surfaces such as the kitchen counters and the dining room table. In other words, there might be a slight chance that you would come in contact with it. I don't know of its toxicity, but I'd be wary of using it in the house, particularly if you have young children.
                JakeKnight

particularly if you have young children.
                  I'd assume that applies to pets, too. I have a couple small dogs (and a larger mutt of unknown parentage). I'm kind of fond of them. Maybe it'd be better to live with the bugs. Besides, the little ones chase and, uh, eat them. So 1) I'd be ruining their fun, and 2) I guess they might be swallowing poison. I guess I'll just move. Seems easier.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd be worried about my cats, too...they have a tendency to want to try eating little crunchy treats. I wonder if an outdoor spray of some sort that would repel them might be a better solution.

~ Sarah Kay