Independence Day (Read 550 times)

va

Since I started running in August, I have run in one of three places: 1. at the high school track, 2. on a trail with mile markers, 3. on a treadmill. What is the common thread to all of these places? It is the ability to know how far I’ve run. Once I started logging on RunningAHEAD, keeping track of the miles I ran became even more important. Well now that I have a Nike + iPod sport kit, I am liberated. I can go wherever I want. Today, I left the main marked trail, I ran through miles of unmarked trails (not on any map), spontaneously, picking the route as I went. I was free! What a great feeling!
      This is just howI felt when I got my Garmin. I started exploring new neighborhoods, new trails, new area without wondering if I will have time to measure my run and if I will remember all the turns I made and all the names of the streets I ran. Isn't technology great? Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Princess Cancer Pants

I'm eyeballing that kit, as well. I know there are some shoe pouches for using the transmitter with any shoe, so I need to look into that some more. I LOVE my iPod and that kit is relatively cheap. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

va

I'm eyeballing that kit, as well. I know there are some shoe pouches for using the transmitter with any shoe, so I need to look into that some more. I LOVE my iPod and that kit is relatively cheap. k
          I like my ASICs running shoes, so I got the Shoe Pouch.
            I like my ASICs running shoes, so I got the Shoe Pouch.
            My friend just duct tapes it to the side of her Asics.

Runners run.

va

Here is a good summary of all the ways you can attach you iPod sensor to a non-Nike shoe: http://podophile.com/2006/11/30/nike-ipod-shoe-hack-and-sensor-accessory-round-up/ They mention the duct tape idea.