Personal Notebook Page (Read 820 times)

Half Fanatic #846

Eric - I've often thought how convenient it would be to be able to make some running related personal notes or enter other related information on RA (besides the great individual workout notes sections). I'm all for not cluttering the pages we have now, but how 'bout something like a simple personal notebook page to click on with edit/save features perhaps? We could then record customized private information unique to each of us - like accumulated test results for low heart rate training (or other test results), personal diet/nutrition information, personalized/customized training schedules, current medical/physician notes, local race schedules, temporary running or workout notes, things to do, and on and on ad nauseum... Presently, I keep a few brief records in Word Perfect to accomplish some of these things. So, that means keeping all my running info in at least two different places, and occaisionally going back and forth between RA & Word. I thought something like this might be relatively easy (?) to do, and useful to a lot of us. THANKS for a wonderful site - It IS definitely the BEST!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, Bill. I'm having a little trouble picturing what you're talking about. Have you seen this somewhere else online? I know that the new upgrade's a lot more customizable, but I'm not sure if it's like what you're talking about ornot...

Roads were made for journeys...

Half Fanatic #846

Maybe I wasn't making myself clear enough (too wordy?), but... Once in awhile when I'm using the RA log or reading the forums etc., I get an idea or want to type in some notes in the margins but there's no way to do it here. If I could click on to a personal "note page" within RA or at least be able to use a little space somewhere on the site for this, it would be convenient. For example, having a tab next to "Shopping" that says "Notebook"; or putting something like that under "Tools"???? So, currently I try to remember or jot down some notes on scrap paper periodically. I'd like to keep ALL my running stuff in RA. Right now, I have RA, separate personal training program written down somewhere else, local race schedule listed somewhere else, MAF tests recorded somewhere else, running tips I want to follow noted somewhere else....... I was judging from the lack of response that practically everyone likes to keep information in different places (I assumed most of us have running interests outside of RA), or that hardly anyone keeps records other than a log. Or possibly I don't have enough to do at work Big grin... I understand the bottom line is if not many people see the benefit, then there's no reason to implement something like this. Cool MTA: To answer your question, no, I have not seen this anywhere else.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

You ever looked at google notebook? http://www.google.com/googlenotebook I believe there might be a greasemonkey script that lets you do what you want. I personally usually use Google docs for notes I want to use across multiple computers

Vim