Any professional help? (Read 332 times)

ave

Hello everyone, from Estonia! Smile As springs seems to be quite close and skiing-season comes to an end I have been thinking about taking some changes into my running-habits and I hope you are able to give me some advice. So far, running has been a great alternation for all the other training methods. Usually I have ran for about 8-10 km - sometimes more, sometimes less - according to the feeling. Although I have a heart rate monitor, I'm never able to run according to the heart rate, because while running, it's always very high - AVG about 174-177 - although the running-tempo is not a fast one... (Most probably skiing and running are too different fields of sport and this too high AVG heart rate is caused by very long skiing-trainings in winter) Here comes the first question - what should I change to lower the AVG heart rate? I usually have 3-4 competitions a year, with 2-5 km distance, so quite a fast ones; in addition also about 3-4 10 km-22 km races too. My priority is to come through a 12-kilometre-long distance below 1 hour (at the end of may). So far I have always ran the same track 2-4 minutes more than a hour. In conclusion, my questions are: what should I change to achieve my little goal? If there's a possibility, it would be nice if someone gives any advice f.e which training to have on Monday, Tuesday etc. Any special exercises? Special thanks to all who will be bothered to answer! Ave Blush