Pants/tights for 34" inseam guy? (Read 88 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My 17 year old has finally caught the running bug and is hoping to continue running outdoors for at least the next month. Temps are starting to get cool for shorts, so I'm looking for long bottoms for him, but the longest ones I'm seeing are about 29". What do you leggy dudes do?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm a 30" inseam and a size medium saucony (or any brand, really) running tights will generally be long enough to bunch up at my ankles. I assume a large would be plenty long for him. I've never actually noticed an inseam length listed on any running pants I've bought.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if the inseam lengths are pretty much the same across sizes? He wears a 32-33 waist...so a medium, I think. It was pure hell buying him pants when he was a 28" waist a couple of years ago with the same inseam. Fortunately his legs seem to have stopped growing.

I do not have this inseam problem. I get the bunchy fabric at the ankles of most tights/pants.

~ Sarah Kay

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I have long legs

most of my sweat pants are a little high.

I agree have never seen length on sweats

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have long legs

most of my sweat pants are a little high.

I agree have never seen length on sweats

I saw one model of Nike tights a couple of weeks ago on their site that came in a long length...and didn't grab them when they were still available for <$100 (insane!). Maybe they're the only ones that do that.

~ Sarah Kay

GC100k

My 17 year old has finally caught the running bug and is hoping to continue running outdoors for at least the next month. Temps are starting to get cool for shorts, so I'm looking for long bottoms for him, but the longest ones I'm seeing are about 29". What do you leggy dudes do?

37" inseam here. Get high socks.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

37" inseam here. Get high socks.

Ha, I was thinking that might be the best solution. Also, where in the world do you find pants?! 

~ Sarah Kay

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Greetings! Re inseam length: the running tights at runningwarehouse (www.runningwarehouse.com) have a size chart that shows the inseam length: just click on "size chart" once you've selected a model.

The longest I've seen thus far is 33" inseam, but I've only checked a few.

Also: there are these, that come in tall sizes:

https://www.nike.com/t/pro-mens-training-tights-od3w1j

And, these:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/tameblspunwo.html

(I googled "men's running tights extra long" to find those last two... there were more results listed that you might wish to check out.)

Good luck!

--Christine

Cyberic

I wear 36" inseam. Forget it. I do run outside all winter long in Canada as I have found a pair of Asics tech sweat pants in a running store like 5 years ago that are long enough. The waist is a little big, but since they're not tights, but loose by design, they have a waist cord and it doesn't show too much. I should have bought more than one pair. I just can't find anything else that fits me.

I think you'll be able to find 33,34" inseam if you like hard enough, but since that's not good enough for me, I do not remember the brands.

Good luck.

Cyberic

Greetings! Re inseam length: the running tights at runningwarehouse (www.runningwarehouse.com) have a size chart that shows the inseam length: just click on "size chart" once you've selected a model.

The longest I've seen thus far is 33" inseam, but I've only checked a few.

Also: there are these, that come in tall sizes:

https://www.nike.com/t/pro-mens-training-tights-od3w1j

And, these:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/tameblspunwo.html

(I googled "men's running tights extra long" to find those last two... there were more results listed that you might wish to check out.)

Good luck!

--Christine

Aerotech designs seems interesting. Thanks.

GC100k

Ha, I was thinking that might be the best solution. Also, where in the world do you find pants?! 

It's easier when I'm fatter. I can wear a 35" inseam in larger pants. I needed a 37" when I was skinny. They're cut differently apparently.

My daughter is 6'4" with a 39" inseam and there is literally one place in the world that makes jeans her size. My wife has sewn most of her clothes over the years.

Cyberic

It's easier when I'm fatter. I can wear a 35" inseam in larger pants. I needed a 37" when I was skinny. They're cut differently apparently.

My daughter is 6'4" with a 39" inseam and there is literally one place in the world that makes jeans her size. My wife has sewn most of her clothes over the years.

I am very skinny. 6'6", 32" waist, 36" inseam. Levi's is the only brand that make jeans that fit me (that I know of).

Your daughter is 6'4"? Wow! It must be a nightmare to find clothes. And I thought I had it rough.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This thread reminds me that there are worse things than having a 29” inseam...I can always have pants legs shortened.

I didn’t realize Aerotech made anything without a chamois (their chamois are in most of the bike shorts I own from big name brands). I was looking at those tall fit Nike tights, too.

~ Sarah Kay

berylrunner

Rick

Hot Chillys ski tights.  Thin Smartwool ski socks.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

DennisF6

34-35 inch inseam here, 31 inch waist.

I use Medium Talls from RoadRunner Sports.  Plenty long.

https://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/15359/?cc=010