26.2k ?? (Read 140 times)

Would you be interested in racing a 26.2k race? It translates to ~16.28 miles

Might be a fun Half Marathon alternative, and you could put a 26.2k sticker on your car, lol.

Thought it might be a good long run for the 4+ hr marathon runners too, 2.5hrs....26.2k long run training run?

I haven't seen any race options yet this distance, but perhaps someday I will.

300m- 37 sec.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've seen them in Maryland, never done one. There is one in 2 weeks. Another running club had one up until last year, road construction put it on hold.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

No interest in 26.2 km. In my head that number is tied to marathons (even if that's really 42.2km).

I'd like to try a 15 miler though. Not a common race distance but I've seen the odd one.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

homelessloser

Might be a fun Half Marathon alternative, and you could put a 26.2k sticker on your car, lol.

Thought it might be a good long run for the 4+ hr marathon runners too, 2.5hrs....26.2k long run training run?

I haven't seen any race options yet this distance, but perhaps someday I will.

Hanson Brooks does this a "simulator" for the marathon so that they can practice hydration.

homelessloser

https://running.competitor.com/2014/04/training/workout-of-the-week-the-simulator_14385

pretty cool, the simulator!

maybe one day,

300m- 37 sec.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No interest in 26.2 km. In my head that number is tied to marathons (even if that's really 42.2km).

I'd like to try a 15 miler though. Not a common race distance but I've seen the odd one.

I haven't run any 15 mile races but there is a big one in Charleston, WV, every year.  I've seen more 25K races, the closest to 15 miles in standard metric distances.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I haven't run any 15 mile races but there is a big one in Charleston, WV, every year.  I've seen more 25K races, the closest to 15 miles in standard metric distances.

Most of the 25ks I see are trail races but there was a road 25k from Chapel Hill to Durham a few years ago. They never repeated it. I would have run it again.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Only if it was free entry and local.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Most of the 25ks I see are trail races but there was a road 25k from Chapel Hill to Durham a few years ago. They never repeated it. I would have run it again.

The best known 25K in the US and usually also used for the national championship is this one
                      The Fifth Third River Bank Run

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The best known 25K in the US and usually also used for the national championship is this one
                        The Fifth Third River Bank Run

Yup, it's a local-to-me event...big (there are 5 and 10k races, too), fun, scenic. It was always rough for me, though, smack-dab in the epicenter of my worst allergy/asthma season. I haven't run it since long before I started allergy shots, 4.5 years ago. Eventually I'd like to get back to it and see what it's like without buckets of snot and needing my rescue inhaler every 5 miles. Or even running the 10k so that I might see some of the fastest people in the world cross the line.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay