Anyone know a good Marathon in Spring/ Summer 2012? (Read 1491 times)

Roxy27

my little devil

Hello!

I an looking for a marathon to run in the spring/ summer of 2012. I live in the Chicago area so somewhere in the midwest would be great.

Thanks!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You should put some location info into the thread title--I believe you can still fix it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TMorin

Whenever I'm looking for a marathon I use this site.

http://www.marathonguide.com/races/MarathonsMap.cfm

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bayshore in Traverse City, MI is really nice.  I believe it's always Memorial Day wknd.  Gorgeous, closed course.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Hello!

I an looking for a marathon to run in the spring/ summer of 2012. I live in the Chicago area so somewhere in the midwest would be great.

Thanks!

The Green Bay Cellcom marathon is an excellent one. Very well organized, awesome course with good crowd support. Easy logistics.

There is also the Mad City Marathon in Madison and the Illinios Marathon in Champaign.

I'll be at the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon this year, and it's in May.  Might be a little too far for you, but everyone I know who's done Flying Pig (and who is doing it again) has loved it.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

Roxy27

my little devil

Thank you! The Wisconsin ones look fun and Madison is pretty close.

I also found Kenosha, WI in May 2012. Anyone done this one?

Slo

I've got Kenosha, Mad City, Green Bay and Eau Clarie all on the radar.  I'm not sure which one(s) I'll do.

It's really hard not to go back to Green Bay but experiencing something else would be nice.

heather85

everyone I know who's done Flying Pig (and who is doing it again)

Well sure, with that sample!

Illinois Marathon flat & fast, plenty of support without being crowded...

Well sure, with that sample!

Illinois Marathon flat & fast, plenty of support without being crowded...

I could have worded that better:

Everyone that I know who has done it enjoyed it and is doing it again Smile.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

SMART Approach

Green Bay is flat and fast. You also get to run in Lambeau Field. I am already tired of that after 11 years. Best of all, beer and brats at finish! It is capped and fills up fast!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

xor

I've got Kenosha, Mad City, Green Bay and Eau Clarie all on the radar.  I'm not sure which one(s) I'll do.

It's really hard not to go back to Green Bay but experiencing something else would be nice.

Any of those before Madison.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

LaCrosse also has one ....  http://www.lacrossefitnessfestival.com/

I've done LaCrosse the past 3 yrs (hometown and all) ... On the Mississippi River, bluffs, scenery.  Got a 5k/Bike tour on Saturday.  Half , full and bike criterion on Sunday. 

Madison is Madison, always fun if you're a Bucky fan. 

Green Bay was also cool.  Flat,  fast and getting to make a finishing lap around "the promised land" - Lambeau helps to get a Packer fan to the finish.   

Tim 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Come down to Lincoln, Nebraska May 6.  Then, maybe I can reciprocate by going to Chicago next year. Smile

Roxy27

my little devil

I'm thinking Flying Pig!! It looks fun and on a Sunday which is good for traveling.

I just can't give my Packer fan husband the satisfaction of running into Lambeau (I'm a true Chicagoan/ Bears fan!)

Nebraska sounds fun too, but I have done Chicago 2x and don't really want to do it again. I always cheer people on though Smile

I could have worded that better:

Everyone that I know who has done it enjoyed it and is doing it again Smile.