How much should I run to lose 2 kilos in a week? (Read 109 times)

Emily Sanders

Hello! I want to start intensive running to lose some weight. How much should I run daily to lose 2 kilos in a week? Please, share your experience!

runmichigan

A pound of fat corresponds to roughly 3,500 calories.  A kilogram of fat corresponds to roughly 7,700 calories.  So, IGNORING ALL OTHER FACTORS, if you could create a calorie deficit of 2,200 calories a day for a week you should be able to lose 2 kilos in a week.  Trying to create a 2,200 calories per day deficit is NOT RECOMMENDED.

Running on average burns 100 calories per mile so you would need to run 22 miles per day to create a calorie deficit of 2,200 calories per day.  Trying to run 22 miles per day is not recommended if you are not a well trained individual.

an amazing likeness

I'm very slim and always wanted to gain muscle weight. I've tried several workout programs. The most effective was...

I've gained around 5 kilos in a month.

There seems to be a disconnect between your topic here, and your reply to another topic...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Emily Sanders has some sort of disorder. Probably buying her ebooks will help.

paul2432

A pound of fat corresponds to roughly 3,500 calories.  A kilogram of fat corresponds to roughly 7,700 calories.  So, IGNORING ALL OTHER FACTORS, if you could create a calorie deficit of 2,200 calories a day for a week you should be able to lose 2 kilos in a week.  Trying to create a 2,200 calories per day deficit is NOT RECOMMENDED.

Running on average burns 100 calories per mile so you would need to run 22 miles per day to create a calorie deficit of 2,200 calories per day.  Trying to run 22 miles per day is not recommended if you are not a well trained individual.

If the only goal is to weigh 2KG less at the end of the week than at the beginning of the week, then the weight loss does not need to come from fat loss.

I've lost more than 2KG on a single run on a hot day.

Emily Sanders

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help

Emily Sanders

There seems to be a disconnect between your topic here, and your reply to another topic...

Oh, actually this question is for my friendSmile

Emily Sanders

If the only goal is to weigh 2KG less at the end of the week than at the beginning of the week, then the weight loss does not need to come from fat loss.

I've lost more than 2KG on a single run on a hot day.

Wow! That's quite inspiring! And how did you feel after that?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, actually this question is for my friendSmile

Is your friend in Poland?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I also lost about 2kg in a single run, but typically 1kg on a 1.5 hour run in hot weather.

Average for me is almost 1/2kg an hour (500ml of sweat).

I hope the OP wasn't thinking they could lose 2kg of FAT in a week, or reduce their waist size! The only way I can think of to do that would be plastic surgery, but maybe 5-6 day fasting along with 10-15 miles running per day might do it. Exercise Anorexia is a bad thing.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

I smell a wumpus.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

rlopez good to see you posting

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

rlopez good to see you posting

+1

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I smell a wumpus.

Bump! Bump! Bump!
                              Did you ever ride a Wump?
                              We have a Wump with just one hump.
                              But we know a man called Mr. Gump.
                              Mr. gump has a seven hump Wump. So...
                              If you like to go Bump! Bump!
                              Just jump on the hump of the Wump of Gump

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus