Servicing a Garmin (Read 669 times)

Marathonmanleto

My 305 sound has stopped working. I called tech support and they recognized the problem. They have issued an RMA and want me to send in for service which should take 10-14 working days. My problem is that I'm so dependent on it I don't want to. What to do? Purchase an Ironman for the interim?? Hang on to it until after the marathon in Oct.?
      While you're 305 is getting repaired: I'd get a Ironman (I like the FLIX Iroman... 100 laps... Rep Timers...) and use mapmyrun.com or this site to map out your runs. Alternatively... find some place with a real liberal return policy buy a 305 there and then return it when you get your 305 back. Or buy a new one then resale the old one on ebay when you get it back. Trent posted a link for getting one for around $150.

Vim

Princess Cancer Pants

I know...buy a 305 and sell it to me for half price when you get your other one back.... Tongue Eh, it was worth a try.... Smile k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown