great smoky mountains half marathon (Read 117 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

http://greatsmokymountainshalfmarathon.com/race-day/

anyone done this one? i'm considering it and appreciate any feedback - positive or negative.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Daniel

I don't know about the race, but I know the area. Don't look to break any records. The profile shows to be all uphill, but it would be a beautiful run.

Edit* after looking more into it I'm not sure it will be all that difficult of a run. I might look into running this one as well.

hog4life

I have actually ran this twice. The course is a beautiful point to point race. It has some rolling hills but nothing too difficult IMO. They changed the course after the first year and it decreased the overall elevation gain a little. I ran my second fastest HM here, but I was in great shape as I was training for the Detroit Marathon that year. I highly recommend the race!

#artbydmcbride

http://greatsmokymountainshalfmarathon.com/race-day/

anyone done this one? i'm considering it and appreciate any feedback - positive or negative.

R2E!  ...running!!??  ...racing!!??  Yay!!

Runners run

"run" "2" "eat"

r2e is considering racing... Big grin

thanks for the feedback, folks!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

VAGentleman05

I ran it the first year (2014) and thought it was a great event.  Beautiful setting, fairly well-organized, great shirts and medals, and a wonderful excuse to go play in the mountains for a few days.

Ten steps just to run a mile . . .

Daniel

Thanks for finding this race. I'm considering running it and the 5k the day before. Has anyone one here ever done the triple event they are starting between the Smokies and the Shenandoah run? I know this is the inaugural race for the Shenandoah valley but I see that the have done this out west in Yellowstone and grand Teton parks. It looks like vacation races had some good reviews and press but haven't been very good at updating things on their website.

Daniel

Anyone else run this today?  It was a nice race. I really enjoyed it and beat my 5k or yesterday by 3 seconds and my half pr by 17 minutes.

"run" "2" "eat"

i didn't make it this time. i am only up to the 5k/10k range. glad to hear you enjoyed it. congrats on a good showing!