Well my husband and I (Read 587 times)

have started discussing possibly doing two marathons this fall. One in early October and then the Philadelphia Marathon at the end of November. Are we crazy? (if answer is yes say no and just play along Wink ) Oh and any suggestions on Marathons in early October?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

Baltimore. Oct 13 (it's a Saturday, which is nice). No, you're not crazy. I'm planning on doing Baltimore, then doing CIM in Dec.
        I'm doing the Baltimore Half on October 13, and the Richmond full November 10 Smile I don't think two in the fall is crazy (well, not TOTALLY crazy Tongue)!
        2009: BQ?

You'll ruin your knees!

You'll have to help me with... "crazy"...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Ok I'm getting excited! So the talk right now is Chicago Oct 7 and Philly Nov 18th, or Steam Town Oct 7th and Phil Marathon . Ok this is ALMOST as good as sex (almost) Of course I"ll probably want to kill myself after the first marathon lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

I've heard good things about Steamtown, too.

Lazy idiot

Oh and any suggestions on Marathons in early October?
                Columbus, OH on October 21. Not exactly early Oct, but I'm not the expert either.

Tick tock

I've heard good things about Steamtown, too.
                  So have I. One of the main reasons we're considering this ( that and it's a smaller marathon) Columbus is an option , though I think I'd like a little bit more time between each marathon.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You. Are. Crazy. Here is why: you are considering running Philly in November when you could instead run this. Just sayin.
                      You. Are. Crazy. Here is why: you are considering running Philly in November when you could instead run this. Just sayin.
                      Page not found. Guess I am crazy Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oops. I fixed the link, it should work now.
                          Hmmmmmmmm I'll have to have dh check that one out. Not sure he would be ready for it ,since he's hardly gotten any running in this year. As it is doing 2 this year MIGHT be a little bit of a stretch for him.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The hills make it easier, there is no pressure to do well Evil grin