Running Hoodies (Read 1263 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Because I was specifically asked to contribute, I will do so, but only to say that I have no opinion since I have no experience running in a hoodie. Unless you count that time I pretended to be a thug gangsta running from the popo, but I totally made that up, so no..I have nothing to contribute, but I can say that it would probably drive me nuts. I think I would prefer a jacket & hat set-up instead.

I have several running tops with hoods on them.  I've tried a few on and didn't like the way the hood fit.  I really like the ones where the hood is kind of snug.  My favorites are also 3/4 (?) zip ups.  I tend to be very warm when I run and like being able to start up bundled up (hood on, top zipped up to cover my neck, and hands inside sleeves) and then by the end of mile one the hood is off, top is unzipped, and sleeves are pushed up and I don't have to carry anything.  

The hood doesn't bother me and normally stuff like that does.  I don't understand how women run with their hair down or with it just in a pony tail because it drives me crazy.  

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Julia1971

Because I was specifically asked to contribute, I will do so, but only to say that I have no opinion since I have no experience running in a hoodie. Unless you count that time I pretended to be a thug gangsta running from the popo, but I totally made that up, so no..I have nothing to contribute, but I can say that it would probably drive me nuts. I think I would prefer a jacket & hat set-up instead.

Aw, thanks for contributing anyway!  And sincerely - welcome to RA!

Julia1971

The hood doesn't bother me and normally stuff like that does.  I don't understand how women run with their hair down or with it just in a pony tail because it drives me crazy.  

I've seen this too and wonder how it doesn't bother them. 

I think I'm going to buy one and try it out on a short run.  The suspense as to whether it will drive me crazy is killing me!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Aw, thanks for contributing anyway!  And sincerely - welcome to RA!

Thanks!!! Smile

I've seen this too and wonder how it doesn't bother them. 

I think I'm going to buy one and try it out on a short run.  The suspense as to whether it will drive me crazy is killing me!

I just recently found one at TJ Max by Hind.  I wore it today and it was nice.  It feels like it's fleece lined and even has reflective strips on it near the stitching.  Oh and if you can find a top at a place like TJ Maxx or Marshall's they are a lot cheaper.  I think I paid either $15 or $20 for it. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I hear you on the regular ponytail thing. I wear mine in a pocahontas-style ponytail so it doesn't swing all over the place all the time. Plus, a regular ponytail gets all sweaty and nappy. Gross.
                Julia1971

I just recently found one at TJ Max by Hind.  I wore it today and it was nice.  It feels like it's fleece lined and even has reflective strips on it near the stitching.  Oh and if you can find a top at a place like TJ Maxx or Marshall's they are a lot cheaper.  I think I paid either $15 or $20 for it. 

I thought Hind went out of business.  Their stuff was niiiiice...  If I find a fleece lined hoodie, I'm sure I'll be wearing it everywhere.

I thought Hind went out of business.  Their stuff was niiiiice...  If I find a fleece lined hoodie, I'm sure I'll be wearing it everywhere.

Oh they might have recently and that might be why TJ Maxx had TONS of their stuff last weekend.  I even got a pair or running pants from them that feel like they are fleece lined, have reflective stuff, AND a zippered pocket.  They were only $20 too! 

Steph 

A Saucy Wench

I have a hoodie.  It's also known as the boomerang throwaway because it is a hideous thing that MIL got from good will when I said I liked zip up hoodies for throwaways.  But it wont be thrown.  It keeps finding its way home to me. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I run on trail in one. When I get hot I take it off. I still run in sweat pants too.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

I like hoodies when it is snowing/blowing snow/ice, etc. It does mess with peripheral vision a bit but I am extra cautious in those conditions anyway.

Maggie & Molly

Oh they might have recently and that might be why TJ Maxx had TONS of their stuff last weekend.  I even got a pair or running pants from them that feel like they are fleece lined, have reflective stuff, AND a zippered pocket.  They were only $20 too! 

oh, I have to go to TJ Max! 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Village people

Really? That is too bad.  I have a nice pair of hind pants that I bought about ten years ago. They are great for cold windy days. I haven't tried running in a hoodie. I hate running with a ything over my ears, I like to hear the cars coming.

Hind was purchased by Saucony in the late 90's. The founder since started his own line, GH Sports. 

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes