Time zone incorrect (Read 153 times)

So yes this is fixed when you are in the forums. However, the wrong timestamp still shows for all the last posts showing on the main forum home page. Although OK on that same screen in the “Recent Topics” column on the far right.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I still see the wrong time zone on the User groups and forums list, but when I go into the threads the time is OK.  But on the list of topics or threads, it shows 2pm right now (Greenwich time).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Is anyone still having issues with the timezones?  I still get the timezones wrong on the list of forums and group threads and sometimes on while responding to comments. Both on phone and computer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Prince of Fatness

Is anyone still having issues with the timezones?  I still get the timezones wrong on the list of forums and group threads and sometimes on while responding to comments. Both on phone and computer.

I still see the wrong times on the group list.  Everything else is correct.

Not at it at all. 

an amazing likeness

Looks like there's a few time display anomalies:

1. In the main forum display page: (/forums):  

The date / time displayed in the Recent Topics list is correctly localized to the users' browser.

The date / time displayed for the last post in each of the Forums is not localized, it is shown in UTC.

2. In the Main Groups page (/groups), in the My Groups list -- the new activities since date / time is UTC and not localized.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

T W

Thanks for the effort to add the functions for setting local time zone.  However, when I import data from Garmin, the date/time is still wrong.  Because UTC is used in GPS data, there needs a conversion to the local time zone.  I don't know how easy it can be done.  My current solution is to manually change date/time each time when I import data.

Jones Chang

Still have the problem that wrong time zone when Garmin data auto imported. Sad

Hope it will be fixed.

Thanks.

Quickadder

It appears that the time zone was incorrect when the week 3 results were run as the points showed in the league table hours before the 10pm EST cutoff.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

My runs are correct in Garmin Connect and Strava but RA is only entering them in Central Time, which is my default, no matter where I am running.  I have to manually change the time of my runs to be accurate.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Bumping this up because RA is still not reflecting the time zone I am in when I run but defaults to my “home” time zone.  Correct in Carmin Connect and Strava, though.   Any help is appreciated.   Thanks.

Bumping again in case someone knows how to get RA to put the runs in the correct time zone and not default to my “home” time zone.    Thanks.

runmichigan

I have a Garmin Forerunner 935.  I live in Michigan (at edge of Eastern time zone) and regularly travel to areas in other time zones.  When I arrive in the new time zone I open the GPS to get it to synch to the satellites.  This synch also allows the watch to update to the time in the time zone I am in.  I then complete my event or activity which uploaded to Garmin Connect via Bluetooth and the app.  When I view the activity in Garmin Connect, it displays the local time I started the event or activity and does not provide the time zone.  Garmin Connect then pushes it out to RunningAhead via the enabled synch.  When I view it in RunningAhead, it shows when I started the event or activity based on my home time zone as it should.  You cannot show multiple time zones in RunningAhead and I am not sure why you would want to.

Let me be clearer with an example:  I recently traveled to run in the Eugene Marathon.  The event started at 7:00 AM Pacific Time.  I used my Forerunner 935 during the race.  Since my home time zone in RunningAhead is Eastern Time, RunningAhead correctly shows that I began the Eugene Marathon at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (which is the same at 7:00 AM Pacific Time).  I do know that Garmin Connect still shows that I started the Eugene Marathon at 7:00 AM.  It does not specify a time zone so I have to remember what time zone each site I run at is in.  I much prefer to have everything referenced to my home time zone.

RunningAhead displays all activities based on your default or home time zone.  It cannot display multiple time zones.  If you want to have it display time based on the local time of the activity you will have to adjust it manually each time.

In the past RA accepted whatever time Garmin Connect told it.  It's only been the last year or so that I had to manually change the time on RA.  I want my runs to show the local time zone.  It's no big deal.  I just wondered why it changed and if I had missed a setting or something and was forcing all my runs into my "home" time zone.  Thanks.