Orthotics (Read 446 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, am supposed to go in and get a specially made orthotic, also desperately need a new pair of running shoes asap, question is...will it change the size of running shoe I need? or not. Should I go in and get the shoes so I have them a little broke in and use them for my 22 miler this next Sunday? or wait til I have the orthotic?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Go get your new shoes. From experience I know that you will only be wearing your orthotics for an hour the first day and breaking them in for a few weeks. I do not recommend a long run in them for the first time you wear them. Take your old shoes in when you go to get casted and your new ones. They don't actually change your shoe size as you take out the foot bed liners and just use the orthotics. Full foot ones anyway. It took me a few weeks to actually work them into my running routine. Corrinabear
        It will take a while for your body to adjust to orthotics. Ask the orthotic fitter - I hope you're at a sports clinic. The orthotics may make you get a bigger shoe - I went up 1/2 size. If I try to run in my old sized shoes, I run into my issues again. I also went up a size when I went into running shoes, so I know wear a full size larger than my regular shoes.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.