Garmin Connect changes (Read 335 times)

HermosaBoy

A run and a walk from this afternoon (two plus hours ago) have yet to show up.

Edit -- just showed up.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just got the same when trying to upload a Zwift workout (.fit format).

Tried again and it immediately worked without any error message. I had the same thing happen the other day. First try would yield an error message, but 2nd try worked.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

kcam

LOL.  Saw your post, ZZ, and tried uploading a .fit file.  Worked this time. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL.  Saw your post, ZZ, and tried uploading a .fit file.  Worked this time. 

I have superpowers!!! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

sub520

I saw these changes and it has been off and on with my workouts showing up in Running Ahead.  I went to Garmin Connect and logged in, and I see my 2 workouts from today on Garmin Connect website, but they haven't come over to Running Ahead yet.  I am sure it will show up by tomorrow morning automatically as they seem to be here the next day pretty consistently.  Is there a way to "force" Running Ahead to do a scan of new workouts from Garmin Connect?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's a little puzzling to me, because unless there's some glitch like when Garmin changed their API, my workouts show up instantly. The moment my watch syncs to Garmin Connect, it's available in RA. It doesn't seem to be a periodic call at all.

Sjcorbs

My runs have started not appearing since I switched to a forerunner 45S.  Connect says something about that they won't send to your thirdparty app if there's more than two third parties. And in a list of third parties they don't list RunningAhead. Eric - can you get on the list?

It says something about removing permission from Strava to send out your data and then signing up for it again.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=lmXLT2CHNO6e2Bj26B5aQ7&productID=73207&tab=topics

an amazing likeness

My runs have started not appearing since I switched to a forerunner 45S.  Connect says something about that they won't send to your thirdparty app if there's more than two third parties. And in a list of third parties they don't list RunningAhead. Eric - can you get on the list?

It says something about removing permission from Strava to send out your data and then signing up for it again.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=lmXLT2CHNO6e2Bj26B5aQ7&productID=73207&tab=topics

From your RunningAhead log: Tools -> Applications is where you tell RA to link to your Garmin Connect account.

When this is setup, you'll see RunningAhead with "read' permission to your account in Garmin Connect. In Garmin Connect, click on the "Profile & Account' icon (runner in upper right) -> Account Settings -> Account Information and the Applications with access rights are listed at the bottom.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Sjcorbs

Thank you. Still not working.

an amazing likeness

Thank you. Still not working.

Delete the connections from both sides (Garmin Connect & RunningAhead) and set it up again. Initiate the integration from RunningAhead.

The Garmin support article you link is about uploading from a 3rd party app to Garmin Connect, then exporting that workout to other 3rd party apps, ie:  Forerunner > Strava > Garmin Connect > Runningahead (to make up an example).

That's not relevant here; the data flow you want to enable is:

Forerunner > Garmin Connect > Runningahead

.................................................> Strava

.................................................> App X

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

larrythomasca001

useless spam
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is anyone else having issues with RunGap (from Apple Watch)? I thought the problem was a Garmin Connect issue, but a run failed to upload to Strava, too. I was eventually able to get it to transfer to Strava, but still receiving errors re: log-in credentials. I changed my Connect password, to see if that would help...but still receiving errors. So I'm not sure if it's on Garmin's end or RunGap's.

~ Sarah Kay

RunningOnSand

Is anyone else having issues with RunGap (from Apple Watch)? I thought the problem was a Garmin Connect issue, but a run failed to upload to Strava, too. I was eventually able to get it to transfer to Strava, but still receiving errors re: log-in credentials. I changed my Connect password, to see if that would help...but still receiving errors. So I'm not sure if it's on Garmin's end or RunGap's.

Yep, I am. It won't sync b/c of my "login credentials".

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, I am. It won't sync b/c of my "login credentials".

Kinda glad it’s not just me. I’ll get in touch with them if it’s still an issue in a day or two.

~ Sarah Kay

Chris T

Communicator plugin is no longer required with Connect?