Updated iPods (Read 1212 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Fortunately, Itunes 8 (just released) fixed it for me. It allows you to have settings on a per podcast basis. That is exactly what I needed. If you click on lets say a news podcast, then click on settings, uncheck "use default settings", then you have the option of keeping the last episode, 2, 3, 5, or 10 podcasts (whether you've listened to them or not). For a podcast like "This American Life" (where I like to keep them permanently), I just set it to "keep all".
    Ooh, I'm glad to hear this. I listed to a zillion podcasts, and it'll be nice to customize this behavior> Anyone play around with the "Genius" feature on iTunes 8? I have just a little, and I'm pretty pleased with the playlists it generated. But then, I haven't tried really hard to fool it. Unfortunately, it only works on music available at iTunes (you don't have to have purchased it there, it just has to be in their catalog). So I can't make any Genius playlists based on my favorite band, an obscure 1960's rock quartet from Liverpool.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does it scare you that Genius has to send your playlist to Apple?

Dave

Does it scare you that Genius has to send your playlist to Apple?
        I wrap my Mac in aluminum foil just to be on the safe side. No. I'm not worried about it. The terms of service dictate that all information collected can't be associated with an individual user. With millions of users, I don't see them either bothering with or inviting the bad press that would result from misuse.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

In the Genius feature using a PC...what I 'd like to see is a way for iTunes to retrieve BPM's for each song in my library and build a list for running based on the value that I choose. Undecided I have manually created 4-5 lists based on bpm (beats per minute) to match my pace while running (not trying to open up the "to run or not to run with iPod debate by any means) and would like to see this feature. I'm also not happy with the fact that Genius only draws from songs that iTunes has available. Like jeffgoblue mentioned, if you want Beatles, AC/DC and others to be included you can forget it. I like the built in Nike+ feature in the new Nano's too. No more using the sensor in the bottom. b

Imminent Catastrophe

... So I can't make any Genius playlists based on my favorite band, an obscure 1960's rock quartet from Liverpool.
            You like the Quarrymen?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You like the Quarrymen?
              Close. Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. They had this terrific kid on drums named Richard Starkey. He went on to play in some other band, faded into obscurity.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like that "Back That Azz Up" was one of my recommendations... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AroundTheHorn

Just bought the new nano. Has some pretty cool games but that's about it. At least it plays music!
                  Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.