Ran "with" Meb, Deena, and Ryan today! (Read 172 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I ran the Beach to Beacon 10k in Cape Elizabeth, Maine today.  Beautiful running weather - thick overcast sky and about 60 degrees.  It was actually a little chilly before the race started.

The field of runners was impressive.  To give you an idea how deep it was,  Deena finished seventh among the women.  Meb finished fifth and Ryan Hall finished tenth.  The Kenyans cleaned house.  The second-place runner was a 6'-4" tall Kenyan who weighs 122 pounds!  The Kenyan who won ran it in 28:04, which wasn't the course record.  That was 27:27, set back in 2003 or so.

I got to say hi to Joanie yesterday - she was standing outside Cape Elizabeth High School, where we picked up our bibs.  She has to be one of the nicest women anywhere!  She always has time to chat.

I can't say enough good about this race.  The course is pretty and the crowd support is awesome.  It is organized well.  This year, there were over 6,200 runners.

If you decide to do it, you have to register online on March 15 at 7 am.  This year, the race filled within four minutes!

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

And Alexi Pappas!  I love her...I think she is so quirky and cute.  And a great runner.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

xhristopher

I saw a kid who's bib was signed by Meb. How cool that must have been for her to run with it.  Meb won my AG, BTW!

Since I had to run with my phone I decided to take pics.

So cool!!  I was wishing I'd gone to spectate.  Stayed to run with my group, instead.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

jmsab23

It was a great day for the race -- great temps to run in, and a light rain for a little while just to cool us down some more. Excellent crowd!!! And even better volunteers!!!

Missed my PR by 2 seconds!

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25