R.I.P. Today's Run :( (Read 706 times)

Had my first "bad" run in awhile today...I may be overtraining, but I'm really in a crunch trying to get my goal for the year (1000K, I'm currently at 513.5 miles today)... I ran from my temporary crib to the station, 5.5 miles...Went inside, stretched a bit, logged that run here on the wonderful Running Ahead, and then drank a bit of water and went back for the return trip... That last mile and a half was the LONGEST mile and a half in HISTORY, I swear... I'm trying to figure out if I should run EVERY day of this month, but only in little 3-4 mile increments or keep at my current 3 days a week of longer runs...(feel free to look at my training log) Thanks for letting me rant, gang...Tomorrow's another day and another run! (Today's run aggravated me because my 9 miler on Thursday was one of my best runs EVER as far as feeling good and a true sense of accomplishment)
    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
      Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you Wink
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you Wink
        Yep. I had a pretty crummy run today...steady rain (who knew that polyester fleece could get so heavy with water...?) and temps barely above freezing...meh. The next one will be better. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sandi Sue

I ended up inside on the elliptical today because it's 10 degrees outside -4 with windchill. I did attempt to run outside but had to come in after 1 mile because my feet were frozen. Eeek.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Yep. I had a pretty crummy run today...steady rain (who knew that polyester fleece could get so heavy with water...?) and temps barely above freezing...meh. The next one will be better. Smile k
            You can come over and run inside on my treadmill anytime, sister.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can come over and run inside on my treadmill anytime, sister.
              I'm not sure a dreadmill is a preferable option... Tongue Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

...steady rain... and temps barely above freezing...
                Really? You're tougher than me.
                  David, I wouldn't recommend running every day. You're already gonna pick up quite a few extra miles in order to make your goal. Give yourself at least a day off a week. The goal is important (I have about 70 to go to make the same 1000K myself) but not worth an injury.
                    I made up for the previously mentioned run today... Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin I ran 7 miles today and kept a pretty quick pace... I ran 3.5 there and then walked a quarter mile or so, then 3.5 back....I kept around an 8:00 pace and felt GREAT... Take THAT fatigue!!! Wink
                    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.