20 Mile Saturday Coming...Any Tips (Read 778 times)

Make sure you are hydrating well all this week and watch your diet. I find that the more natural (ie, unprocessed) foods I eat before a long run, the better I run. That's a personal thing obviously. Take it easy. It's hard not to go out fast on a run because your legs feel so good and you are just rearing and ready to go but you need to slow down when you go out. A strategy that works well for me is for the first mile or so I go out with a group who runs slower than my normal long run pace. That gets me warmed up and sets the tone for the rest of the run. Most of all GOOD LUCK and enjoy!!!!!!
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

geekfarm@centurytel.net

So lemme get this straight...for a 20 mile run I am supposed to wear compression shorts (commando I assume) no shirt, but paste a gummy bear over each nipple. got it.
      And make sure you post what race you will be in. You're faster than me but I think I can get a PR out of this.
        OK, the next question is...what do I run today? I was thinking another 7 miler and rest on Friday. At any rate I need another run today of some sort.
        2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)