112th Boston Marathon - wish I hadn't missed 111 of them (Read 961 times)

evtish

BD,TM: Yo, go to bed, you geeks Big grin BD: Now that you're a real old fart, at 45 yo, qualifying time is only like 3:25. You could do that next week!
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Amazing how they laid that race out so the 6th mile mark would be right in front of the pub with that name Big grin Love those pics, and the recap. On the clock, did they keep readjusting the time for the start waves as they rolled by, or do they set it to one time and leave it at that?
        On the clock, did they keep readjusting the time for the start waves as they rolled by, or do they set it to one time and leave it at that?
        I'm not sure to be honest, but I know the ladies were checking their watches as they passed. I don't know if the scooter that showed up to change it would have if the time was correct to begin with. I would THINK the intent would be to show the time for the elite women until they passed then switch to the time for the elite men. I think the time on the finish line clock shows the elite men's time, so it would be way off in the finisher's pics for the folks from the last wave. If you look at the pics of the elite men's pack, it appears that the "official vehicle" to the left carries a clock for them. I didn't notice that as they passed but it does look like a digital display.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

If the creek don't rise, if the Flying Spaghetti Monster is willing, if there ain't no meltdown...next year. You know I want it, I just hope I want it badly enough. If I make it, I'll have my own fan club at the six mile mark. Keep your fingers crossed. Smile
          Ed, You'll qualify in the Lowell marathon in October, no? I think you can get a qualifying time there; you mentioned it was relatively flat. I think I'll do the half that day.

upcoming races:

Ed, You'll qualify in the Lowell marathon in October, no? I think you can get a qualifying time there; you mentioned it was relatively flat. I think I'll do the half that day.
            That's the current pipedream. I have to take 16 minutes off my first, so it's a stretch goal. It would be great to have you on the course, and a lot of Good Times/Greater Lowell Roadrunners will be working it. That can only help.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

those are some really great pictures! 16 minutes isn't a stretch...you have plenty of time. Good luck! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231