Pam's book review of Strides (Read 826 times)

I just picked up Benjamin Cheever's book Stridesfrom the library and I'm really enjoying it. I've read a ton of the technical type of running books that had great information, but they certainly weren't entertaining to read. This book has a conversational tone and he obviously loves to run. It has nutritional info., technical info, and history of the sport, but it's all woven together with stories. I think that if you enjoy the irreverence of this forum, you would enjoy the book. A special highlight: I learned about the Medoc Marathon in France - they serve wine (in proper wine glasses) at the drink stations. Check a library near you!
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A special highlight: I learned about the Medoc Marathon in France - they serve wine (in proper wine glasses) at the drink stations.
      Now that's just wild. Cool Thanks for the review.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Queen of 3rd Place

I enjoyed that book as well...so I guess that's two thumbs up! Arla

Ex runner

xor

Haven't read the book, but I know all about Medoc. That's one freaky-interesting race. Wine. Runners in costumes. And people smoking! But it's a great race for people's bucket lists. If one is interested in wine and France. That's where the coneheads are from, you know.

Between Strides and Murikami's recent release "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running," it's been a great year for running books.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Yoda the 4-eared cat

. A special highlight: I learned about the Medoc Marathon in France - they serve wine (in proper wine glasses) at the drink stations.
              They have races like that here in Burgundy as well (Beaune Half Marathon - http://www.semibeaune.net/gauche.htm). I did it last year. I kept being overtaken by a group of smurfs (in costume, painted blue) who I would then catch up with at the next drink stop as they quaffed large quantities of wine. They would then charge past me again on the way to the next drink stop. I hated them. Evil grin
              Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Strides is a great book. Loved it, too.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Bugs

Can't recommend Paula Radcliffe's, My Story So Far. Filled with details of many races, who she raced, times that all blur together till you fall asleep.

Bugs